2014 AAC Conference Tournament Will Be In... | The Boneyard

2014 AAC Conference Tournament Will Be In...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
...Cincy, Memphis, Tampa or Philly. That's according to Jeremy Fowler of CBS, who spoke with Aresco at the BCS meetings.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Dan Wolken saying Hartford is in the mix as well and a site announcement could be within two weeks.

I bet all five get the next five years one each.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Better let us have the first one, we might not be around after that. Fingers crossed.

I really hope you're right, but with the new Grant of Media Rights that the ACC just signed it doesn't seem like they're going to be adding any new schools any time soon.

Reaction Score
Hope it is in Philly or Memphis.

Tampa has to be a joke right?

Reaction Score
...Cincy, Memphis, Tampa or Philly. That's according to Jeremy Fowler of CBS, who spoke with Aresco at the BCS meetings.
No MSG but Tampa Philly or Hartford wouldn't be too bad.

Reaction Score
You are looking at 5k in attendance for the final if this played in Tampa.

Reaction Score
Should be in Memphis or Cincy. If it's in Philly that's at The Palestra which is what 8,000 people? Memphis and Cincy fans would probably sell out the FedEx Forum (18,000) or US Bank Arena (17,000). Not to mention Louisville is close by.

Reaction Score
Should be in Memphis or Cincy. If it's in Philly that's at The Palestra which is what 8,000 people? Memphis and Cincy fans would probably sell out the FedEx Forum (18,000) or US Bank Arena (17,000). Not to mention Louisville is close by.
The Wells Fargo Center in Philly seats 20,000. In some ways the Palestra would be pretty neat. It has a college basketball pedigree every bit as deep as Madison Square Garden. It only seats 8500 or so though. But then again, they won't even need that many if its SMU-East Carolina in the finals...without some combination of UConn, Cincinnati Memphis and Temple in the finals, you can probably play this thing at Wethersfield High school and not sell out.

Reaction Score
I really hope you're right, but with the new Grant of Media Rights that the ACC just signed it doesn't seem like they're going to be adding any new schools any time soon.

I'm wondering how many more intentionally screw UConn moves the ACC has to make before people realize they will NEVER EVER invite us. Go back to 2003 when we we're upgrading and they choose that time make the raid driven by a school BC that was fearful of our upgrade. Go back to when they allowed BC to control the next round of expansion and their AD bragged he blocked us. Go back to when they made it appear UConn was next in line as they sooooooooooo value academics and new tv markets and than they pick Louisville all but publically humiliating us. And now when UConn may be finally poised to benefit from the next round of movement...hey let's all sign a Grant of Rights until 2027.

We may not have good shots at the Big Ten/Big 12, but I think they are slightly better than any shot at the ACC which is none.

Reaction Score
The Wells Fargo Center in Philly seats 20,000. In some ways the Palestra would be pretty neat. It has a college basketball pedigree every bit as deep as Madison Square Garden. It only seats 8500 or so though. But then again, they won't even need that many if its SMU-East Carolina in the finals...without some combination of UConn, Cincinnati Memphis and Temple in the finals, you can probably play this thing at Wethersfield High school and not sell out.

They said if it was in Philly it would be at The Palestra. Judging by UConn's recent showings in Philly in the NCAA and considering the competition I see no reason to believe UConn would bring a huge showing to Philly. Would be depending on Temple's fans to bring most of the crowd, a risky proposition.

This is a southern conference. Cincy, Memphis, Louisville guarantee a near sell out to a sell out in Memphis or Cincinnati. Anywhere other than those 2 sites doesn't make financial sense. Unless it's Hartford.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering how many more intentionally screw UConn moves the ACC has to make before people realize they will NEVER EVER invite us. Go back to 2003 when we we're upgrading and they choose that time make the raid driven by a school BC that was fearful of our upgrade. Go back to when they allowed BC to control the next round of expansion and their AD bragged he blocked us. Go back to when they made it appear UConn was next in line as they sooooooooooo value academics and new tv markets and than they pick Louisville all but publically humiliating us. And now when UConn may be finally poised to benefit from the next round of movement...hey let's all sign a Grant of Rights until 2027.

We may not have good shots at the Big Ten/Big 12, but I think they are slightly better than any shot at the ACC which is none.

Yeah I am starting to think the BIG is our best chance now also

Reaction Score

Yeah I don't understand why so many people don't see it. I do think we have a chance, but i don't think that is where we will end up. The Louisville pick over us was the tell all sign. What did they offer that we didn't? We have better academics, a better tv market, our basketball programs are even historically (But Uconn has dominated over the past 20 years) and we just went into their house in football, with the vaunted 117th ranked offense in the nation and beat them. BC and some other ACC schools do not want us. Which is why i believe our best shot is with the Big 10. We have no shot with the B12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom