OT: - 2013 Louisville vs Baylor | The Boneyard

OT: 2013 Louisville vs Baylor

Reaction Score
I never saw it until today but the complete game is on You Tube. Pretty awesome game.

I was googling Lakota and Ashlyn Beatty who are the present day native American sisters playing Division 1 basketball and the game was displayed after the video about Lakota ended.

Reaction Score
That is the best women's basketball game I have ever seen, including UConn games. Louisville was shooting lights out and took a huge lead that they carried well into the second half. Baylor started coming back, and at the end, when the refs seemed to keep helping Baylor, it got tighter and tighter. When Louisville finally got a call and a charge was called against Baylor, coach Mulkey went beserk - amazing scene. But, Baylor still comes back and takes the lead finally with 5 seconds to go, up by 1- the first time all game they had the lead. Louisville calls a great inbounds play, a freshman player goes the length of the court for a contested layup past Griner and is fouled. She just missed two straight ft's only minutes ago. Now, she makes both and Louisville is up by 1. Baylor could only hoist a half-court shot at the end and lost.
This game had everything!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
That wasn't a freshman who did that, it was a fifth year senior, Monique Reid. She played against UConn in the 2009 title game as a freshman and then again in 2013 as a fifth year senior.

Reaction Score
They fouled the heck out of Griner the entire game. Louisville was trying to get Griner mad and kicked out of the game but it didn't work.

Mulkey shouild've seen that coming and had Griner practice being the decoy. She had 3 people on her most of the game- that means 2 people could've been wide open.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
They fouled the heck out of Griner the entire game. Louisville was trying to get Griner mad and kicked out of the game but it didn't work.

Mulkey shouild've seen that coming and had Griner practice being the decoy. She had 3 people on her most of the game- that means 2 people could've been wide open.
Agreed. It wasn't good Louisville defense but bad Mulkey coaching that lost that game. The worst indictment of Mulkey's coaching career to me however is that she was unable to win more than one championship with what I consider a transcendental player.

Reaction Score
Agreed. It wasn't good Louisville defense but bad Mulkey coaching that lost that game. The worst indictment of Mulkey's coaching career to me however is that she was unable to win more than one championship with what I consider a transcendental player.
upload_2017-3-2_20-50-48.png

Reaction Score
I remember that I didn't bother to watch the game cause I thought that Baylor would blow them out. I didn't know that the Schimmel's were native American. If I heard or read about them I would've assumed that they were white going by their names. Not being discriminatory but the fact is- there have not been many "indian" players in Div.1 much less 2 "indian" women players (on the same team, no less). I would've watched and rooted for them simply for that fact.

I didn't learn that they were NA until after the season while googling info about a different NA player.

Reaction Score

Maybe THE most transcendental player ever to play WCBB.

Reaction Score
PS: anyone got a link to those ND-UCONN games with Skylar?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom