2013 Greater Hartford Pro Am Schedule | The Boneyard

2013 Greater Hartford Pro Am Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374350916.459359.jpg

Kentan Facey- Pauly Chute Slamm (Team Slamm)
Kemba Walker - Team Kirks
AJ Price - Team Kirks
Amida Brimah - Team Kirks

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Forgive the lameness of the questions:
  • Does this really mean that if I drive up to Waterbury this afternoon for 5pm tip-off, I can see a team with Kemba, AJ, and Brima for free?
  • Does the gym fill up so that I should come for first game?
  • Any way to know who is on other listed teams: Team Cambyland, Atty D. Freeman, PPF Graphics?
Thanks in advance

zls44

Reaction Score
Not sure if Kemba and AJ will play again today, but I'm guessing they will. I'd keep an eye on Borges/Amore's tweets or tweet the question at them. It's how I discovered Kemba playing yesterday.

Andre Drummond is on one of the teams playing today, but its not certain he's playing. I think he will, though. Why not? They finally updated the league website with the 2013 schedule...check the past games to see the top performers, that's a good way to see who has who.

They only opened half the bleachers yesterday, even with Kemba there, despite opening both sides during the week. You'll have no problem getting in if you show up for just the second game. Gym capacity is 2,700. There were probably 800 there yesterday.

And yes, it was free to get in.

Not sure if I just walked into the right doorway or if they aren't charging. It's hot in there, but not oppressive (they opened the doors at one end and had lots of fans running).

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure that they are not allowed to charge an admission fee. I made a $50 donation a few years back, but I know that admission is not charged, even for the playoffs.

zls44

Reaction Score
Watching Brimah again this afternoon. Good instincts on the defensive end, doesn't get lost on switches. When a guy goes right at him, he struggles establishing position. Kid he's guarding just backed him down from the extended FT line.

Rebounding instincts and positioning are good. FT stroke a mess.

Basically, he's the prototypical young big.

Reaction Score
Watching Brimah again this afternoon. Good instincts on the defensive end, doesn't get lost on switches. When a guy goes right at him, he struggles establishing position. Kid he's guarding just backed him down from the extended FT line.

Rebounding instincts and positioning are good. FT stroke a mess.

Basically, he's the prototypical young big.

Interesting that his FT stroke is so bad. He shot like 78% in high school

zls44

Reaction Score
It's all arms.

Reaction Score
Hearing from a good source Kromah is going to be a better player than people think. Good athlete, nice mid range jumper and an overall nice player. If he's a big contributor they will be playing small quite often I believe............

The source knows his hoops for sure!! ;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hearing from a good source Kromah is going to be a better player than people think. Good athlete, nice mid range jumper and an overall nice player. If he's a big contributor they will be playing small quite often I believe............

The source knows his hoops for sure!! ;)
And then we all say our mea culpa's to the GW fan!

zls44

Reaction Score
Team Kemba, featuring Kemba, Doug Wiggins, Edmund Sauders, Jerome Dyson, RJ Evans and AJ Price advanced to the final four on Monday night.

The best player of that group today? Doug Wiggins. Just makes you shake your head.

Reaction Score
Team Kemba, featuring Kemba, Doug Wiggins, Edmund Sauders, Jerome Dyson, RJ Evans and AJ Price advanced to the final four on Monday night.

The best player of that group today? Doug Wiggins. Just makes you shake your head.

DW what a shame and waste of talent. could have played years in europe

zls44

Reaction Score
UConn/Team Kemba plays at 8:30 PM tonight.

zls44

Reaction Score
From 4 hours ago

"Change in GHPA sked for tonight. Doc Hurley (UConn guys) plays at 8:30 vs. All Faith. Harte Nissan vs. PPF moved to 6:30."

Reaction Score
Kemba's basketball camp in NYC starts today and runs till 4pm. Is he still gonna show tonight?

Reaction Score
At the game now. No Kemba, but all the others. Basically sitting center court, awesome. Dyson's game hasn't changed at all. this is awesome though, and all for free of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom