2012 big 12 sched released to espn/abc & fox | The Boneyard

2012 big 12 sched released to espn/abc & fox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yup - WVU is on it.

Unbelieveable.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...rs-will-release-to-public-in-near-future.html

Let the mayhem begin. It's pretty clear to me at least....that the big 12 and WVU are going forward with the......nobody knows anything, and nobody knows who did what, and everyone else is to blame for everything, therefore nobody did anything wrong.....defense.

Neinas, just today, is out there saying that he's been temporary in place in the big 12 all along, and never wanted the commissioner's job, and is walking out the door, while the conference searches for a new commissioner. Neinas is blaming everybody from coast to coast on the mess the big 12 is in, while he's walking out the door.......Texas and Oklahoma are struggling to find a commissioner that will kneel at their feet....the rest of the big 12 is wondering what's going on........

The ACC schedules are on hold, as WVU has dates with FSU in the air, and Luck and WVU sit in the middle of it all.

Reaction Score
So 9:01 AM tomorrow BE is at the courthouse amending the suit to add the Big 12, right?? :D

Reaction Score
So 9:01 AM tomorrow BE is at the courthouse amending the suit to add the Big 12, right?? :D

Since the schedule has not yet technically been released to the public, there's got to be some kind of loophole going on, so who knows. I'm not a lawyer, although I put great value on my own opinion......

By my understanding of things, the second that ESPN/ABC and FOX put that schedule out to public, with WVU on it, though, those entities are now open to lawsuit.

I highly doubt that happens, and if push comes to shove, everyone on that side of the room will just say it was all "internal" or "planning", as long as nothing is offiically released to the public.

But I don't see how the Big 12 didn't just become part of this thing, legally.

Reaction Score
LOL. I would think the BE and its leftover schools have learned just how ineffective lawsuits are as they pertain to conference realignment.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Is the Big 12 a public entity? Curious if a news outlet could grab their emails through FOI.

Reaction Score
Nevermind adding the B12. Add ABC/ESPN. Scorched earth, baby!

Reaction Score
I'm not sure they had a choice based on my assumpiton that presenting a schedule that included less than 10 teams would have been a breach of contract. We all know how strongly the B12 feels about breaching contracts, so this move makes perfect sense:confused:

Reaction Score
As this thing continues to play out, I think businesslawyer nailed it on the head a long time ago, that this entire lawsuit basically boils down to the Big 12 posturing such that when they're set to take a hit on their network broadcasting contracts for not having enough games, they can essentially try to deflect blame to the court systems.

WVU very well may buy themselves out of the big east, and into the big 12 for the 2012 academic/athletic year for football.

I still highly doubt they will be a full member of the big 12 in 2012. I just can't see how anyone would agree to pay to do that over their in WVU, and I have confidence that the Big EAst leadership is going to what top dollar, if it comes to a buyout.

I suppose being able to recognize stuff like that, is what you get out of law school. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom