2012-3 BCS bid and Boise | The Boneyard

2012-3 BCS bid and Boise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IF WVU leaves, how can the BCS allow the Big East to win a spot in a BCS game with only seven (mediocre) teams? Seems to me that there will be a lot of pressure on the BE and Boise to figure out a way for them to be playing in the conference this fall so they don't risk having a 7-5 team playing in the Orange Bowl.

Reaction Score
KC,

You have it wrong. BE champ will not be 7-5 but probably 11-1 or 10-2. No loss to WVU. Teams will pick up wins vs some FCS team or Memphis if they join. Guess would be 6-1 Conference and 4-1 OCC = 10-2

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
IF WVU leaves, how can the BCS allow the Big East to win a spot in a BCS game with only seven (mediocre) teams? Seems to me that there will be a lot of pressure on the BE and Boise to figure out a way for them to be playing in the conference this fall so they don't risk having a 7-5 team playing in the Orange Bowl.

That brings up an interesting questions. I understand that it is completely hypothetical, as it would never happen. But what takes precedent, the BCS rules or the bowl eligible rules? What if a team were to win the Big East with a 5-7 overall record? By rules, the league champion goes to a BCS bowl. But you must have 6 wins to be bowl eligible. So if a team were to win the Big East with a 5-7 overall record, would they get to go to a BCS game or not?!

Reaction Score
Well, CBSsports, the one outfit that has broken news, is now reporting that Boise is still in play for 2012 to the Big East. The TV networks do not want under any circumstance, to ahve a team from the BE in the BCS. Boise will be in the big east and will likely be in the BCS (Cincy may have something to say about that).

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Well, CBSsports, the one outfit that has broken news, is now reporting that Boise is still in play for 2012 to the Big East. The TV networks do not want under any circumstance, to ahve a **** team from the BE in the BCS. Boise will be in the big east and will likely be in the BCS (Cincy may have something to say about that).

I think people will be surprised at how Boise St does in the Big East. They are not going to dominate like everyone thinks they will. It is easy to get up for one or two big games a year (when they have played quality competition now it is once or twice a year). But when you are playing a team with BCS level players every single week...it is a completely different animal. While everyone expects Boise St to dominate the BE once they join, I just do not see that happening. They may end up winning the conference, but it will be much more challenging than some expect.

Reaction Score
I don't expect Boise to dominate the Big East. but if someone else beats them, it will help the victor's perception because they beat Boise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom