2012-2013 BE opponents released | The Boneyard

2012-2013 BE opponents released

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Easiest BE schedule UConn has had in years, also UConn's worst team in years (probably). Georgetown, UL and Cuse all at home.

Home: Georgetown, Louisville, Rutgers, Syracuse, Villanova
Away: Marquette, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh,St. John's, Seton Hall

Reaction Score
league doesn't want uconn giving potential tourney teams losses that could hurt their chances of getting in the tourney.

Reaction Score
I thought the BE was going to screw them with a rough schedule ... uconn could get 20 wins with this schedule

Reaction Score
I thought the BE was going to screw them with a rough schedule ... uconn could get 20 wins with this schedule

Actually, the BE is not screwing us so much.... they are instead trying to get the bottom feeders mores wins and a potential tourney bid, by scheduling the lowly UConn Huskies. Remember we didn't do so well against that group when we had a good team (except Depaul), I'd be shocked if we did better than 4-4 against those teams.

Reaction Score
Im a little confused, why do they play 4 teams home and home this year?

Reaction Score

Part of the master plan, let UConn get a record good enough to get into the tourney and then the mediots can talk about the penalty all over again throughout the tournament. Emmert can thump his chest on CBS during the selection show about keeping big, bad UConn down...

I like conspiracy theories...

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Heck, I don't what the reason is behind it. But I'm loving this sched, in probably one of our most important seasons (and ironic since we have a post-season ban) we've been given a schedule that can only make it easier for us to remain a national power- not in our hearts (lol b/c whether we suck or not, we're still gonna think we're the ), but most importantly to the media and subsequently the eyes and ears of 18 y/o h.s.seniors)

This my friends is a blessing, I'd take it and run with it, before anyone changes their mind.

Reaction Score
I think many of you are missing the boat on this. This is not a good schedule for UConn. Since there won't be any post season unless something unforeseen happens, it would bode better for UConn to have as hard a schedule as possible to battle test this team for next year. There not in a situation where you care about the number of wins compared to the number of good performances and development realized against as tough a competition as possible.

I think the BE wanted to give them the worst possible schedule so that UConn would have less chances of getting some nationally televised games, or maybe better put, improve the odds of getting their postseason eligible teams more nationally televised games.

From a fan stand point, 2 games apiece against PC and Depaul and only one game against Georgetown, Louisville, Syracuse, Villanova, Marquette, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh really stinks. Replace PC and DePaul with two of those teams, particularly UL or SU, would certainly take some of the sting off of missing the post season.

I hope the program is able to put together a really challenging OOC schedule.

Reaction Score
I think UConn already locked down a nice OOC schedule for next season with games on neutral floors too. They open with MSU in Germany, then they have the St Thomas tournament, NC. State in the Jimmy V, and dont forget about the Washington home game in December. Yes, outside of Cincy the home and home Big East teams are not too exciting but i dont look at that as a negative. Since they cant play in the BET, i like how they still get 2 games at MSG with the Jimmy V classic and the game at St Johns.

Reaction Score
When is the XL vs. Gampel portion announced? Just from a fan's point of view who had Gampel tickets last year, there's probably only 3 home games against powerhouse teams - Cuse, Louisville, & probably Georgetown.

I must say that I was happy to see the last UConn/Syracuse game will be home - time to give them the ACC sendoff they deserve...

Reaction Score
I think many of you are missing the boat on this. This is not a good schedule for UConn. Since there won't be any post season unless something unforeseen happens, it would bode better for UConn to have as hard a schedule as possible to battle test this team for next year. There not in a situation where you care about the number of wins compared to the number of good performances and development realized against as tough a competition as possible.

I think the BE wanted to give them the worst possible schedule so that UConn would have less chances of getting some nationally televised games, or maybe better put, improve the odds of getting their postseason eligible teams more nationally televised games.

From a fan stand point, 2 games apiece against PC and Depaul and only one game against Georgetown, Louisville, Syracuse, Villanova, Marquette, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh really stinks. Replace PC and DePaul with two of those teams, particularly UL or SU, would certainly take some of the sting off of missing the post season.

I hope the program is able to put together a really challenging OOC schedule.

As someone else pointed out, they already have a tougher OOC schedule than usual between Michigan State, NC State, Washington, and the St. Thomas tournament. And those are just the games we know about as of today.

Also, the fact that our home-and-home games aren't against the best teams doesn't mean that the Big East portion of the schedule will be "easy" by any means. Sure, 2-3 of those games will be "easier" than in a typical year, but do you really think that will be the difference for the 2013-2014 team?

Frankly, is this really worse than playing a brutal BE schedule and ending up 6-12? Can you imagine how many more "Uconn is dead" articles will be written about us? How much easier that will make it for other coaches to negatively recruit against us? If the schedule helps this team go 9-9 and feel decent about itself going into 2014, I'm fine with it.

Reaction Score
I want to see JC pass Rupp and Smith and move into 4th place on the wins list before the end of the year. Over 12 wins this coming season puts him in easy striking distance to pass Knight for 3rd place during the 2013-2014 season. Unless Boeheim retires before JC that's the highest he's going to reach before retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom