2009-2010 Teams Huskies of Honor | The Boneyard

2009-2010 Teams Huskies of Honor

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno & Co. keep coming up with ways to burnish the trophies of the great young women athletes who have graced the Huskies Program. The latest: inducting whole teams into The Huskies of Honor. It seems like that honor has been somehow overlooked in the Team USA and the horror of 9 souls snuffed out. Carl Adamec has writen a fine article about those teams and he points out that every member of both teams showed up. That's what families do. The winner of the perseverance award has to be Tahirah Williams. Carl Adamec explains:

For 2009 graduate Tahirah Williams, that meant a 25-hour drive in her family RV from the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas area with her husband and children ages 3 years, 19 months, and five weeks.
“You do that because UConn is where it’s at,” Williams said. “This is the Mecca of basketball. The family that we have, Coach Auriemma and all the girls, I wasn’t going to miss this for the world. I want my family to witness greatness and that’s what they’re seeing tonight.”

Anyway, a very worthwhile read for Husky fans:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It's a shame that ESPN had the broadcast rights to the game which I believe means that the pregame festivities were not captured.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It's a shame that ESPN had the broadcast rights to the game which I believe means that the pregame festivities were not captured.
I'm surprised that the UConn media students didn't record it and post it on the UConn site.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I'm surprised that the UConn media students didn't record it and post it on the UConn site.
I found a game Halftime video with Maya and Renee Montgomery on the Storrs Central YouTube channel.

Reaction Score
I've been posting whatever I find in the post-game video thread. There's a few short clips on some of the players' social media, but I haven't seen any that have the whole thing. Too bad SNY didn't have this game. They would have shown it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Geno & Co. keep coming up with ways to burnish the trophies of the great young women athletes who have graced the Huskies Program. The latest: inducting whole teams into The Huskies of Honor.
I do believe the 1995, 2000, 2002, 2003, and 2004 teams have been inducted to the WoH prior.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom