2006 | The Boneyard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I realize this is old news, but it's still crazy how often we see that season held up as an example of ultimate failure. I know it ended badly, but we did finish 30-4. The four losses were 1) on the road where Marquette guy went for 40-plus; 2) at future No. 1 seed 'Nova in a game we led by double-digits in the second half; 3) in BET on a miracle 'Cuse 3; and 4) we all know that one. For all the talk of how loaded that team was, six years later there's exactly one guy with a legitimate NBA career.
Old news, I know, but still -- all teams would like failures like that one.

Reaction Score
The lack of heart they showed on the court is the same thing that has kept them from having better NBA careers.
Josh Boone had a real chance to be successful in New Jersey but his free throw shooting was SUCH a liability, he was a total non factor on the offensive end. I still think Marcus Williams had the best feel and instincts of any pg I've seen at Uconn, but his lack of conditioning made him a liability on the defensive side. And that is a damn shame because I really enjoyed watching him play.
Those are things that could be overcome with hard work. For all the games that team won, you could never feel completely comfortable going into any game.

Rashad's staph infection really kept him from reaching his full potential while here too.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
True, but there has never been a UConn team you could feel completely comfortable going into any game. That includes 1999. We've always been a team that won close games. And I'll give you Marcus Williams, but Boone would always have been a role-player at best.

Reaction Score
You forgot he '04 team when completely healthy and last years team after the PITT game.
True, but there has never been a UConn team you could feel completely comfortable going into any game. That includes 1999. We've always been a team that won close games. And I'll give you Marcus Williams, but Boone would always have been a role-player at best.

Reaction Score
I will say that in '09 with Dyson healthy, I legitimately thought going into every single game that we would win by 10-15 plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom