20 Seconds Remaining...Two Scenarios | The Boneyard

20 Seconds Remaining...Two Scenarios

Reaction Score
Choose ONE player (currently on a roster) for each scenario. Who is the ONE player you must have on the floor in each.

Scenario #1...OFFENSIVE possession...20 seconds left in the game. You are down 2. A 2 ties the game a 3 wins it.

Scenario #2...You're on DEFENSE...20 seconds left in the game. You are UP 2. A 2 ties the game a 3 you lose.

My picks...

#1...Ayoka Lee...Kansas State
#2...Mykasa Robinson...Louisville

Reaction Score
!. Caitlin Clark: for a three, a two ( drive or short jumper, or
a pass to Cinzano.
2 Aliyah Boston : protecting the interior, the rest of the team
guards the three point line.

Reaction Score
1). Ashley Joens (2 for the tie, drive to get to the free throw for the And-1, or the 3 ball)

2). Maddi Utti (Long Beach State). Her length and quickness helps to guard the perimeter and she is strong enough to handle the post.

Reaction Score
It depends on how much we are down but if it's less than 3 than I'd go with Boston but assuming it would be difficult getting it in the paint I'd probably go with Paige. If a 3 is required Azzi if I thought I could get her open but probably be thinking Paige as she could create her own 3 a little easier. I don't have time to give a good answer on the defensive end.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
1 -- Morrow -- Unstoppable
2 -- Jordyn Cambridge Got to take the ball away and she will.

Reaction Score
This certainly sounds like a "General WBB" question. Going by the query the thread creator mentions no Uconn player. I'll address it as a "what Uconn" player do you want with 20 seconds on the clock. As for the offense I'll take Ducharme. If Geno thinks she's the best that's good enough for me. Defense give me Nika. End of story!

Reaction Score
It depends on how much we are down but if it's less than 3 than I'd go with Boston but assuming it would be difficult getting it in the paint I'd probably go with Paige. If a 3 is required Azzi if I thought I could get her open but probably be thinking Paige as she could create her own 3 a little easier. I don't have time to give a good answer on the defensive end.
I guess your hoping the law of averages kicks in if your picking Boston, she's currently 0-2 in the exact same offensive situation the past two years.

Reaction Score
I go Uconn all the way here, since I know them the best:

Situation 1 -- I give the ball to Fudd. She's high percentage, and can win it with a 3 or drive around a screen and hit a mid-range
jump shot.

Situation 2 -- I want Liv in there. Like Stewie she moves well and is a potential blocker inside and out.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
1. Paige. She’s has proven on multiple occasions that when it’s crunch time and they need a basket, she’s the woman for the job.

2. I’m going with NaLyssa Smith since I want someone who is quick enough to guard a guard and strong enough to hold things down in the paint.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
1. Paige, Azzi, Clark, or H. Jones (HaJo did it in the title game). Maybe Morrow.

2. Boston, Brink, or Liv. Maybe Paige.

Reaction Score
Who is the ONE player you must have on the floor in each? So...you can't answer with a starting five...lol.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Who is the ONE player you must have on the floor in each? So...you can't answer with a starting five...lol.

Other than the two I mentioned (Bueckers and NaLyssa Smith), I’m bringing Aliyah Boston.

Reaction Score
You said there is no right or wrong answer
lmao. I did, but there were rules. Obviously, the player you pick is out there with 4 others. I was hoping that by giving only one choice...it might reveal something about people's coaching strategy. I chose Lee because...she has good hands, holds her ground in the post and can score or pass out of double teams if needed. I also get rebounding. I chose Robinson because I think she's an elite on ball defender and in a pick roll...she's physical enough to guard players who are bigger.

Reaction Score
I guess your hoping the law of averages kicks in if your picking Boston, she's currently 0-2 in the exact same offensive situation the past two years.
If I remember correctly one was a tip play and the other she had like. 3 seconds to score or something like that. She scores at around a 55% rate. I'll take that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom