2 WSU fouls in 19 mins | The Boneyard

2 WSU fouls in 19 mins

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
WSU had 2 fouls with 1 min left in the 2nd half. I've never seen a team play 19 minutes and commit 2 fouls. How does Hess still have a job? We were getting called for touch fouls all first half, and WSU gets away with murder, in a home game.

Reaction Score
Agree but Adams getting bumped then called a sec later stung. Better team. Deeper older stronger more familiar.

Reaction Score
We didn't deserve to have any fouls to be called on WS. You have to play with energy and aggressiveness to have fouls called on your opponent.

Reaction Score
Hess hates UConn and can barely conceal it. Officiating didn't lose it for Huskies today, though.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Certainly didn’t help. Three point shooting was the killer though.
Both ways.We cannot buy one and other team shoots lights out three against this team ALWAYS. Last couple of years that has been the story. We tie, Vital misses the second foul shot and WS drills two threes in a row. I believe they made 14 threes. What happened to Adams and Vital's time when they went crazy on threes. The game always gets away from our guys between the 3 and 5 minute mark left. Still a good game against a #8 team.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Because we are afraid of contact and settle for contested jump shots. Stop with the ref complaining. Refs are about 976 on the list of issues with this team.

We lost this game beyond the 3 pt line and through coaching.

Atleast the effort was there defensively. Very positive to see. We took them out of their stuff for a good portion of the game.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I am not saying officiating lost us the game, but it was undoubtedly a contributing factor.

Just thought I'd mention the spread was 10 and UConn lost by 10.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Refs were bad. We played hard. Just not enough playmakers to keep up with a top 10 team.

Reaction Score
I am not saying officiating lost us the game, but it was undoubtedly a contributing factor.

Just thought I'd mention the spread was 10 and UConn lost by 10.
They gave up the last 30 seconds. Lost the spread.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Certainly didn’t help. Three point shooting was the killer though.
Both ways.We cannot buy one and other team shoots lights out three against this team ALWAYS. Last couple of years that has been the story. We tie, Vital misses the second foul shot and WS drills two threes in a row. I believe they made 14 threes.

We've said the same thing almost every game. No exaggeration. Why does every team have the night of their lives from 3? Why do you think that is?

Reaction Score
East to west dribbling, fall away jump shots , awful 3 point shooting( when we suck at it)
Not passing to the interior when double and triple teamed when we do penetrate(looking at you Adams) , no slashers to pass to when we do penetrate and selfish basketball all contribute to not getting foul calls and not getting to the line.

Half the time we go to the hoop I say out loud - here comes a turnover

Reaction Score
Hess hates UConn and can barely conceal it. Officiating didn't lose it for Huskies today, though.

Actually he didn’t conceal it today. Despite the standard nonsense of “ don’t blame it on the refs” Hess did change the tone of the game. He looks unhappy, seems to carry a chip on his shoulder and because he is so out of shape, was frequently out of position to make the calls.

Again. Ollie didn’t help his team by ignoring the bad, bad calls. Nor did he put his arms around the ref and sweet talk them during the timeouts like the Other coach Today.

Reaction Score
Actually he didn’t conceal it today. Despite the standard nonsense of “ don’t blame it on the refs” Hess did change the tone of the game. He looks unhappy, seems to carry a chip on his shoulder and because he is so out of shape, was frequently out of position to make the calls.

Again. Ollie didn’t help his team by ignoring the bad, bad calls. Nor did he put his arms around the ref and sweet talk them during the timeouts like the Other coach Today.
Ollie gets a tech and gives shots and the ball away and he sucks then too. What is the answer that will make you all end the hate?
Odd that Marshall can take the nice ollie approach and it’s not so bad. We are in an era where screaming and yelling and fighting will not be rewarded. You need kid gloves for everyone.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Need to cover the spread. Whaley had a rebound and potential layup with 2.8 left on the clock and they called the foul on him. An 8 point loss vs 10 means a lot to certain folks.

Reaction Score
Ollie gets a tech and gives shots and the ball away and he sucks then too. What is the answer that will make you all end the hate?
Odd that Marshall can take the nice ollie approach and it’s not so bad. We are in an era where screaming and yelling and fighting will not be rewarded. You need kid gloves for everyone.
I never said ha had to get a technical. Don’t know where you got that from. Some emotion on his part might actually give his team some emotion of there own.
Are we really in an era where streaming and yelling will not be rewarded. I don’t think you watch much basketball. In any event, the other coach didn’t yell and scream but he let the refs know he was there and was interested in the game. Ollie was non existent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom