2 spots still open for '15-'16 squad | The Boneyard

2 spots still open for '15-'16 squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
sprinkle in a couple of walk-ons we have 13 on the squad... So, what do we do? What are we doing? (if anybody knows something).

I'd think we're in search for at least another frontcourt player, one that is skilled and can provide a few minutes for us now. Preferably a Euro player with some length who can help balance out our squad... get some key boards make open shots and convert at the FT line... and then hold the other scholly for '16...

Thoughts????

Reaction Score
Pretty much done for 2015, and Amore said as much in his most recent article. Staff seems to be targeting regular transfers who won't be eligible until 2016 with the last couple of scholarships.

Reaction Score
Terry Larrier, then the last scholarship goes to a walk-on most likely.

Reaction Score
Larrier would be great. I watched a couple VCU games and he looks like Deandre 2.0

Reaction Score
I'm sure there's a thread on this somewhere that I can't seem to find, but what's the latest on Larrier?
I think Zionn said yesterday that we are pursuing him, that's the most I've heard besides the fact that he wants to play closer to home in the Northeast

Reactions: caw

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Pretty much done for 2015, and Amore said as much in his most recent article. Staff seems to be targeting regular transfers who won't be eligible until 2016 with the last couple of scholarships.
Thought I read somewhere in the last few days that Terry Larrier was still a possibility.

Reaction Score
Larrier would be great. I watched a couple VCU games and he looks like Deandre 2.0
What did you see in him? I know the kid was a pretty high recruit coming out of HS but I didn't watch many VCU games this year so can't make an accurate assessment. His stats (I understand he was a freshman and had limited minutes) were not impressive at all. Either way based on what I have read I really hope we snag him.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He is, but he won't be available for 2015. He'd have to sit out next year wherever he goes.
Can't he play anywhere as a transfer because his coach is leaving?

Reaction Score
What did you see in him? I know the kid was a pretty high recruit coming out of HS but I didn't watch many VCU games this year so can't make an accurate assessment. His stats (I understand he was a freshman and had limited minutes) were not impressive at all. Either way based on what I have read I really hope we snag him.
He's long and athletic just like Deandre. Capable 3-pt shooter and obviously is a good defender because everyone on VCU is. A little more athletic than Deandre IMO. If he stayed he could've had a Deandre-type jump from freshman to sophomore year if you remember how much better Deandre was. He would be a great get

Reaction Score
If Diarra commits this week, is he thinking of reclassifying? I know he is eligible to and was considering before. One would think he would love to come along for the ride next years team is going to be on.

Reaction Score
If Diarra commits this week, is he thinking of reclassifying? I know he is eligible to and was considering before. One would think he would love to come along for the ride next years team is going to be on.
He would get virtually no time. No use in wasting a year of eligibility

Reaction Score
He would get virtually no time. No use in wasting a year of eligibility

Probably right. However you never know. If there is a spot we are not very deep in proven talent it is at the 4/5. I imagine he can provide a little more than phil does even right now. I expect Facey to get better but he is still mostly unproven and Enoch is going to be a Freshman too. So who knows. And if there is an injury bug going around like last year there could be minutes. But even if there wasn't put the Red shirt on him like they did Bradley and have him ready to go, knowing the system, with a ring ;) for '16, a year in which we will have many newcomers, he can be a 2nd year player with 4 years to go.

Reaction Score
Think a redshirt at UConn is probably better than a postgrad year at Woodstock Academy, in terms of development. Would make sense.
Forgot about redshirting. That would make sense, would just have to get him to buy in to the idea of not playing competitively for a year

Reaction Score
Forgot about redshirting. That would make sense, would just have to get him to buy in to the idea of not playing competitively for a year
Seems like he is set on going for a postgrad year, though, so this may all be moot.

Reaction Score
He's long and athletic just like Deandre. Capable 3-pt shooter and obviously is a good defender because everyone on VCU is. A little more athletic than Deandre IMO. If he stayed he could've had a Deandre-type jump from freshman to sophomore year if you remember how much better Deandre was. He would be a great get
A player like that is important as the loss of Hamilton next year is possible.
He will have a year to practice with the team and maybe be a part of a team that does some damage. I believe Rodney Purvis has a Ring.
It is ironic that the coach he committed can leave but he can't without punishment.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I don't think "coach leaving" has ever been a case for a hardship waiver. Maybe you're combining it with LOI releases?
Yes, that was what I was thinking of. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Think a redshirt at UConn is probably better than a postgrad year at Woodstock Academy, in terms of development. Would make sense.
Agreed ... get acclimated to our system...

Reaction Score
If the staff wants Larrier I'm fine with it, I haven't followed him one bit, but his stats from last season are absolutely horrific. I'm a bit puzzled why a lot of people here seem to be so high on this kid.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If the staff wants Larrier I'm fine with it, I haven't followed him one bit, but his stats from last season are absolutely horrific. I'm a bit puzzled why a lot of people here seem to be so high on this kid.

The talent is there, plus he was just a freshman last year. Deandre's stats were similar his freshman year and that situation worked out for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom