#2 Notre Dame v #1 Baylor | The Boneyard

#2 Notre Dame v #1 Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
CBSSN is one of the Sports Package channels on DirecTV ...

Reaction Score
I get CBSSN on Comcast, but the program listings say SEC Today for 2 PM Sunday.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The Sims-Diggins match-up should be a good one. Sims looks considerably faster this year after a year of recovery.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I'll be watching the UT/UVA game on ESPN3 instead. Should be a good one! Hopefully it's not a blowout.

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
This game is a great matchup. Baylor seems to not take care of the ball very well. ND is turning over teams at the rate of one per minute. I look for the Irish to pressure the Bear guards from start to finish. The more pressure, the less rtime Baylor has to set up a half court offense. Limiting Griner's touches is key. Once she gets the ball within 8 feet of the hoop...fugetaboutit. This will be a very interesting game. I look for Baylor to win.

Reaction Score
Here is a question.... You have the number one and two teams playing. Does the loser drop below number two in the polls?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Here is a question.... You have the number one and two teams playing. Does the loser drop below number two in the polls?

If the margin is mroe than 15, they should. Between 6-15, harder to say. 1-5, they shouldn't but might anyway.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
If it were men's #1 vs. men's #2 it would draw a bigger viewing audience, thus higher ratings, ergo more profits. Those of us who are fans of wcbb (I am certainly one!) are just outnumbered by fans of the men's game. Let's gripe, rant, and vent -- and accept the fact that it is all a waste of time. Deal with it.

My solution today is Channel 613, DirecTV. Tomorrow, drive to Hartford and watch a good game. Takes a little extra effort but I find it worth doing.

Reaction Score

I guess it depends on how close the end result is! If one of the teams wins by five or less points, then the two teams either stay the same or switch positions.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Baylor 76 - Notre Dame 63. Baylor at home. Griner. Diggins vs. Sims a neutralizing event. Peters will either foul out or be in debilitating foul trouble over-compensating for Griner's dominance.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I am refusing to believe that a #1 v #2 matchup on a Sunday afternoon isn't on national TV. Or at least ESPN. If this was men's bball this game would have been hyped for weeks.
While women's basketball is what it is, actually CBSSN (the old CSTV) is pretty widely carried on networks. I think this is a contract thing, CSTV also carried the post-season WNIT finals, at a time when ESPN is busy with the NCAA tourney.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
ND hanging tough but they have no answer for Griner, understandably...

Reaction Score
Two key points that I have noticed. First, I am really impressed with Griner's maturity. She is showing some leadership qualities. Did not see them at all last year. Second, I noticed the Novosel and Diggins are the go to players, again! AND it's obvious you cant touch them on defense, thank you refs.

ND is too good to be missing so many outside shots. If they stay close at the half, ND might make a game of it. That is, of course, if ND is not worn out.

Good game

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
No way ND can beat Baylor shooting 1-12 on 3-pointers. It'll be the same for UConn v Stanford tomorrow night, UConn's guards will have to make shots. ND needs to get to the FT line more and keep Baylor from getting there as much. Baylor up 17 to 8 in FT attempts.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
No way ND can beat Baylor shooting 1-12 on 3-pointers. It'll be the same for UConn v Stanford tomorrow night, UConn's guards will have to make shots. ND needs to get to the FT line more and keep Baylor from getting there as much. Baylor up 17 to 8 in FT attempts.
Certainly agree about ND and Baylor. ND has to make outside shots to get back in the game. But I see no similarity between Baylor and Stanford. Stanford has no one like Griner and they do not have Baylor's team speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom