2 more WBB players retire due to injury (Arizona) | The Boneyard

2 more WBB players retire due to injury (Arizona)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Just found out today that Taryn Griffey (Ken Griffey Jr's daughter) is retiring from competition for medical reasons after battling leg injuries since her junior year in High School - IIRC, two ACL's before she ever came to Arizona, and various issues at Arizona causing her to miss a full season and parts of others. She plans to remain connected with the team and her scholarship is being continued. Apparently, this wasn't really a surprise since she wasn't listed on the roster page, which I hadn't checked.

The other medical retirement is a European player, Eugenie Simonet-Keller, that was a project, but tall. I'm not sure how much (if at all) she played in 2 years, I believe she had leg issues (though not necessarily knee) as well. We have missed a lot of games due to my wife's medical issues, but Eugenie was often seen on crutches or limping when we did attend. Like Taryn, her scholarship was continued so that she could continue her education.

It is just sad that injuries are just so common across sports. As Taryn said, nothing has changed from the little girl that loved basketball except that her most recent injury is "too much to overcome".

Arizona is expected to take a step back from last year's "almost .500" record, but has a very highly ranked recruiting class for next year. As you no-doubt remember, former UConn player Morgan Valley is one of our Assistant Coaches.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Thank you for the information KnightBridgeAZ on the players and the team. Also, I hope your wife's medical issues improve to the point that she is completely healed.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
The article is in the Transfer Threads Part 2 :)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Arizona is expected to take a step back from last year's "almost .500" record, but has a very highly ranked recruiting class for next year. As you no-doubt remember, former UConn player Morgan Valley is one of our Assistant Coaches.

Arizona lost their top 3 scorers from last year to graduation, and will especially miss LaBrittney Jones, an outstanding player who didn't get anywhere near the recognition she deserved. Griffey was their #5 scorer. Those four accounted for about two thirds of their scoring.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom