2/2/2019 - The Geno Auriemma Show

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Awesome stuff. Thanks for posting.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Geno has some very interesting thoughts about today's players (recuited in the last five years or so). Bravo on his thoughts on "criticizing" these players.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
At the 15' 30" mark, Geno is asked about his coaching staff. Historically, only 1 male assistant coach (for a brief time etc.) His answers may surprise.

Reaction Score
A lot of nostalgic musings. A lot of talk about how the young people have changed over the years. I've also heard in other interviews that he is yearning to do something else.

I think he is thinking of stepping down. He is a smooth character, so I imagine he will do it with class and he will hand the program off to the next person with his full support. He'll do it right. I feel like he is pushing buttons that he is used to pushing and getting nothing in return. Saw an inspired performance with UCF but nothing since. 3 obvious measuring sticks- defensive intensity, getting out on the break, and rebounding and loose balls.

I googled John Wooden this morning to see how he did it. He won his last game with not his most talented team. Maybe undersized- Dave Meyers, Andre McCarter, Marques Johnson.
If Geno could pull it off this year with no clear cut monster team in WCBB.
Interesting, Wooden's successors were very successful but they were blasted by the alumni and UCLA fans. Gene Bartow and Gary Cunningham won like 85% of their games and they got tarred and feathered.
Could such a thing happen at UConn. It definitely could. Who would be strong enough and charismatic enough to deal with that. DT, Sue who are already beloved?

Reaction Score
Not retiring win or lose a little stumbling block is alk

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom