2/14 Games threads (was So Carolina vs Georgia) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2/14 Games threads (was So Carolina vs Georgia)

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
VPI's Regan Magarity finished with 22 pts and 18 rebounds. VPI had never beaten Duke in ACC play. VPI had a 23 game losing streak to Duke. VPI had not beaten Duke since 1998.

At least I got some good donuts out of the trip to Durham. Shout out to Daily Donuts in Mebane. Thanks to the lady behind the counter... she saw my duke sweater on... and anticipated what was gonna happen later... and tossed in 8 donut holes free of charge. Nothing like drowning your sorrows in fried dough :oops:
UConn had some interest in Magarity several years ago.

Reaction Score
A strange day. At least none of the upsets of ranked teams was really a surprise.

North Carolina defeats Notre Dame and NC State, recently, and today, loses to the last place team in the ACC. I watched the NC-Pittsburgh game. Pittsburgh could not miss from 3 (58% for the game, after cooling off in the 2nd half), and NC couldn't make a layup. I watched to see Paris Kea play and she was 0-8 from 3 and 2-13 overall. They said NC hasn't beaten Pittsburgh at Pittsburgh in forever. I guess they were intimidated by the crowd and the name across the front of the jersey.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Lots of carnage among favored teams tonight.

#23 Rutgers loses by 20 at home to Ohio State. That's 3 losses in a row for Rutgers. Could they be risking a repeat of last year's debacle, where a February slump left them out of the tournament?

Also in the Big Ten, #24 Michigan State goes down in flames to Wisconsin by 17. Michigan State are the definition of home-court heroes: 13-0 in East Lansing, including wins over Oregon, Maryland and Iowa; but only 3-6 (!!) in true road games.

Don't know what to make of North Carolina's loss at Pitt. UNC has never been known as a good defensive team, and they just gave up 91 points to a Pitt team that came into the game averaging only 56.6 ppg, only 314th among D-I teams.

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Holy mackerel! I had a very long and stressful day at work yesterday and went to bed very early (around 7:15 pm)...and wake up this morning to see I missed a wild night of WBB with carnage in the top 25 and numerous surprising results. Darn...I hate I missed all of this as it was happening.

Reaction Score
Wisconsin is 2-10 in conference but they have Michigan St. virtually doubled up to start Q3 52-27. What a shameful showing by Sparty. Rutgers is probably on their way out of the polls, maybe MSU will be as well.

Michigan State is a true enigma on the road this year. They are awful which is unlike any previous team coached by Suzi Merchant which were often road warriors. Very perplexing. Jenna Allen, the hero of the win over the Oregon Ducks a few weeks back, has scored just 5 points combined over the last 3 games, and no, she is not injured.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom