Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn 9 seed
Temple 11 seed
Cincy 12 seed (last team in)

FIRST OUT: Vandy, Wisc, Tulsa, OreSt.
NEXT OUT: GWash, Bama, Creigh, Clem.
CONSIDERED: TTech, Gtown, UCLA, UGa, KState, Bona, BYU, OhioSt.

IN WITH A WIN... GWash (at Bonaventure); Wisconsin (at Maryland); OregonSt (at Cal)....OUT WITHOUT. Butler (vs. Xavier); Cincinnati (vs. East Carolina); Saint Mary's (vs. Loyola Marymount).

Reaction Score
Yeah nice to see still out of danger in his eyes....he might be a little optimistic maybe but I'll take it. I think the only losses we can absorb at this point are @Cincy & @SMU, I think we need to win the other 5 but we'll see. How the rest of the bubble performs obviously is also very telling. Winning the next 2 at home would really take the pressure off though.

Reaction Score
It all depends on the selection committee obviously. I dont think any of these bracket experts like Lunardi had SMU out of the tournament in 2014 or had Louisville projected as low as a 4 seed. Lets just keep winning and leave it out of the hands of the committee.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Didn't the selection committee just do a mock selection yesterday and both UConn and Temple got in? We're ok right now. Got to win some games down the stretch though.

Reaction Score
Definitely think we're in as of right now. But we cannot afford more than 1 loss in the regular season.

Reaction Score
Definitely think we're in as of right now. But we cannot afford more than 1 loss in the regular season.
So you really think if we finish 5-2 and end 22-9 and move our RPI from a 47 to a 36 we fall from a 9 seed to out of the tournament? Really?

Reaction Score
So you really think if we finish 5-2 and end 22-9 and move our RPI from a 47 to a 36 we fall from a 9 seed to out of the tournament? Really?

If we go 22-9 in the regular season and then lose a game in the AAC tourney, that'll be 10 losses. The committee will not put a team from the AAC in the tourney with 10 losses. Temple went 23-10 last season in the AAC with 1 bad loss (UNLV) and was not in.

Reaction Score
If we go 22-9 in the regular season and then lose a game in the AAC tourney, that'll be 10 losses. The committee will not put a team from the AAC in the tourney with 10 losses. Temple went 23-10 last season in the AAC with 1 bad loss (UNLV) and was not in.
Except for the fact a 10 loss Cincy team got an 8 seed last year and a 9 loss Memphis team got a 9 seed the year before.

That 10 loss Cincy team had a worse RPI, SOS, and Kenpom then we would end up with 10 losses.

Any other insight?

Reaction Score
In the mock NCAA bracket from the selection committee had us as a 8 seed playing in Brooklyn.

Reaction Score
Except for the fact a 10 loss Cincy team got an 8 seed last year and a 9 loss Memphis team got a 9 seed the year before.

That 10 loss Cincy team had a worse RPI, SOS, and Kenpom then we would end up with 10 losses.

Any other insight?

If we finish the season with 10 losses we will not be in the tournament no matter what you think. We have 2 decent wins (Texas + Michigan) and that's it. We don't have any statement wins and don't forget we play in a crap conference.

Reaction Score
If we finish the season with 10 losses we will not be in the tournament no matter what you think. We have 2 decent wins (Texas + Michigan) and that's it. We don't have any statement wins and don't forget we play in a crap conference.
You don't need a statement win to get into the tournament. But if you're looking for one, Texas is it.

Reaction Score
You also said no way the committee would put a 10 loss AAC team in, which is just as wrong as this statement.

Reaction Score
You don't need a statement win to get into the tournament.

Never said we did. But if we have 10 losses without any statement wins, we will not be in.

Reaction Score
You also said no way the committee would put a 10 loss AAC team in, which is just as wrong as this statement.

I stand by that statement. Look at the teams we're playing in our conference: UCF, USF, East Carolina, Tulane, etc. Any team with 10 losses in such a horrible conference doesn't deserve to be in the tournament. Now if we were in the Big 12 with 10 losses, different story. But we're not.

Reaction Score
I stand by that statement. Look at the teams we're playing in our conference: UCF, USF, East Carolina, Tulane, etc. Any team with 10 losses in such a horrible conference doesn't deserve to be in the tournament. Now if we were in the Big 12 with 10 losses, different story. But we're not.
Did you know those teams were in the conference last year when Cincy with 10 losses got an 8 seed? An 8 seed is nowhere close to being on the bubble even.

You are making no sense. You are confusing what you think a team deserves and the reality of getting in the NCAA tournament. The committee does not use the JimOllie deserve test for selection.

Reaction Score
Honest question. In your mind do you just pretend 8 seed Cincinnati from last year doesn't exist when you say his stuff? I really want to know.

Reaction Score
Never said we did. But if we have 10 losses without any statement wins, we will not be in.
We will have a win against SMU. Which yes is looking less impressive every passing day though I think we are fine with 9 losses going into the conference tourney as long as we don't lose in the first game there. 10 losses should get us in but we have to make a little noise in our tourney.

Reaction Score
Incredibly untrue
If we go 22-9 in the regular season and then lose a game in the AAC tourney, that'll be 10 losses. The committee will not put a team from the AAC in the tourney with 10 losses. Temple went 23-10 last season in the AAC with 1 bad loss (UNLV) and was not in.[/QUOTE

Reaction Score

Any other insight?
I believe you're arguing with the guy who has outright said " is my stance on this and not a thing you can say will change my mind" i.e. wasting your time. And you won't get any "insight."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom