1st Player Of The Week Award For Gabby... | The Boneyard

1st Player Of The Week Award For Gabby...

Reaction Score
From 6th man to a very high first round draft choice in one season. Talent always rises to the top....

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Hey a positive thread solely about a UConn WBB player! Yippeee....bags27 I like your enthusiasm on her draft status however let's temper it a bit as noted numerous times, WNBA is significantly different than WCBB and 5'11" has to hit outside jumpers with extreme regularity. She is a freak athlete and could develop into an unbelievable WNBAer as well. Next years draft class could be very deep depending who comes out this year or early next year.

Reaction Score
Hey a positive thread solely about a UConn WBB player! Yippeee....bags27 I like your enthusiasm on her draft status however let's temper it a bit as noted numerous times, WNBA is significantly different than WCBB and 5'11" has to hit outside jumpers with extreme regularity. She is a freak athlete and could develop into an unbelievable WNBAer as well. Next years draft class could be very deep depending who comes out this year or early next year.
Gabby reminds me a bit of Barbara Turner who made her living in the WNBA around the basket. She was, I believe, 6 0" and was an excellent rebounder , average ball handler, average mid-range shot. Gabby's athletic skills and overall game is better than BT's and as her shot evolves she,IMO, will become a terrific WNBA player. Can definitely see her playing the 3 in the WNBA and even with a so-so mid range game she could be a high impact starter.

Reaction Score
While listed at 5'11 Williams looks to be about 6 foot even to me, If Erlana Larkins can make a living in the WNBA I can't see why Williams won't be able to play and stick in the pros.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
While listed at 5'11 Williams looks to be about 6 foot even to me, If Erlana Larkins can make a living in the WNBA I can't see why Williams won't be able to play and stick in the pros.

Especially since she's only going to improve her skills and decision making in the months and years to come. Gabby is going to make a lot of $$$ at the next level before she decides to permanently hang 'em up. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom