Men - #16 UConn @ Georgetown Hoyas @Shirley Povich Field (Thurs. 5/19/22 @6p, Fri. 5/20/22 @6p & Sat. 5/21/22 @Noon). Streamed on HoyaVision/Mixlr | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Men #16 UConn @ Georgetown Hoyas @Shirley Povich Field (Thurs. 5/19/22 @6p, Fri. 5/20/22 @6p & Sat. 5/21/22 @Noon). Streamed on HoyaVision/Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I still don't think we're even remotely close to missing the tournament. I understand the Big East is weak this year, but we lost 1 series all season, the fact that it's at the end of the season doesn't make it matter more

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think it's the ballpark. We always seem to struggle in smaller ballparks. I think our guys eyes get big and we tend to swing for the fences too much. We are leaving an absurd amount of runners on base today.

The ballpark, plus Georgetown showed they can certainly hit the ball well and hard. Don't know for sure, but the combination seemed to unnerve the pitching staff with the possible exception of Stefanoni. As for the hitters, we both mentioned that UConn was popping the ball up too much this weekend, and with this team, that always seems to be a sign that long ball fever has temporarily overtaken the UConn hitters. It's something that seems to come and go in quick waves with this team. Hopefully it will be gone again by the time the Big East Tourney starts up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Are you serious? Do you honestly think the coaches and players mailed it in? These aren’t professionals. These are college kids who just won 43 games and lost their first series of the year. They don’t deserve to lose their spot. Yes it doesn’t look great getting swept to end the season but look at the body of work over the year. It puts us on the bubble but let’s hope it’s a wake up call for this week.
Agree, but I’m a little worried about recency bias. Of course, if we win the Big East tournament, it’s not an issue.

Reaction Score
Chris Jones says that before this series the last time UConn lost a weekend series was against Texas Tech last year.

Was what it was… we ran into a red hot team w/ their backs to the wall @ home:

On to Prasco Park…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member