#16 Michigan @ #15 Northwestern - 1/03/21 | The Boneyard

#16 Michigan @ #15 Northwestern - 1/03/21

Who will win this game ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Evanston, IL - 5:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN2 (Roy Philpott, Brooke Weisbrod)

Video stream:
NCAA Women's Basketball | Videos | Watch ESPN (tvpli)

Audio:

Live stats:

Reaction Score
Interesting side story. Laya Hartman, NW sophomore, is the daughter of a former UCONN Professor of Education, now at Michigan State - Dr. Doug Hartman. Laya became interested in bb at a young age when they lived in Storrs. Laya is number 33. The photo is from their last game.
EqlMZq0XIAMqvTo.jpg

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wait, what? Doesn’t Geno get the right of first refusal? Or at least some compensation-does she start or play a lot? I see an NCAA infraction...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Going with Michigan in this one. Like the direction this team is headed. Naz, Amy, AJ, and Hailey B. Pretty solid lineup

Reaction Score
14-4 MICH with 6:15 left in first

Under-hyped Hillmon with 8 pts

Reaction Score
Did anyone see Northwestern being down 55-26 by half? Saw them being down as possible, but not by this much!

Reaction Score
Did anyone see Northwestern being down 55-26 by half? Saw them being down as possible, but not by this much!
I saw it and that’s why I switched to the Oregon game. ;)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'll cut Northwestern a little slack, as they lost the first few weeks of their season to COVID Issues. But still, it's clear they're not ready for big time ball, yet.

On the other hand, both Michigan and Michigan State have both proven much better than I anticipated. Michigan has improved quite a bit since they squeaked by a lame Notre Dame squad in November.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'll cut Northwestern a little slack, as they lost the first few weeks of their season to COVID Issues. But still, it's clear they're not ready for big time ball, yet.

On the other hand, both Michigan and Michigan State have both proven much better than I anticipated. Michigan has improved quite a bit since they squeaked by a lame Notre Dame squad in November.

I'm not the most perceptive person, but something tells me that you don't think much of that team from South Bend.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm not the most perceptive person, but something tells me that you don't think much of that team from South Bend.
Let's just say that their sagging level of play is finally commensurate with their level of integrity.

And let's also say that Jewell Loyd most certainly upgraded by going to DePaul to finish her degree.

Reaction Score
I saw it and that’s why I switched to the Oregon game. ;)
Yeah, yeah...........tease the Cdn who doesn't have access to the PAC-12 network and has to hope it gets uploaded onto YouTube.:p

Reaction Score

Michigan has been on an uptick the last couple seasons. They beat Northwestern last season as well at the BIG 10 tourney and it didn't look like a fluke to me. With the addition of the transfer Brown from Nebraska, I wouldn't be surprised if they challenge Maryland.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Michigan has been on an uptick the last couple seasons. They beat Northwestern last season as well at the BIG 10 tourney and it didn't look like a fluke to me. With the addition of the transfer Brown from Nebraska, I wouldn't be surprised if they challenge Maryland.
I would. :rolleyes:

Let's not get carried away with Kim. She's got a nice team and is slated for top 2-4 finish but do not confuse a win over NW with slotting them to beat a Terp team they have beaten just 1 time in the Big10 history.

Reaction Score

Let's not get carried away with Kim. She's got a nice team and is slated for top 2-4 finish but do not confuse a win over NW with slotting them to beat a Terp team they have beaten just 1 time in the Big10 history.

I said challenge, not beat as Maryland are the defending BIG10 champs and have a chip on their shoulder this season. I think it will be more competitive however in comparison to last season.

We have different perspectives on Northwestern. They finished 11th nationally last year and are still in the top 25 currently. I still think those wins mean something.

Reaction Score

Not for nothing, Michigan is ahead of Maryland in the Massey ratings (No. 8 vs. No. 9). Brenda's defense has fallen off hard since last year, even as the offense has improved. I think it'd be a toss-up at this point on a neutral court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom