$5 Kemba
$2 Vital
$1 Giffey
$2 Villaneuva
$5 Okafor

Reaction Score
That being
True.
Toby Kimball is the 2nd best center ever at UConn. And Wes Bialasuknia and Tony Hanson should be there as well.
Probably but in defense of the game it does say players since 1990.

BoukFan15

UConnmbb.updates
Reaction Score
This is my IG account and I wanted to discuss some things I’ve seen on this thread.

First off, I know for certain that Josh Carlton should be nowhere near this thing, but technical difficulties left me no choice, which I’m not getting into. I was planning on adding either Boone or Hilton Armstrong instead. I’m not that crazy.

Second, about the positions, since UConn has so so many great Guards it’s hard to narrow it down to just 10, so i had to move some SGs (Rip and Lamb) to SF to make room for everyone. That’s why Gay and Caron, natural 3s, are shifted down to the 4. Staying with Gay and Caron, I was debating for a while who should be $4 and $3, and with me being more familiar with Gay, i put him at $4.

Next, Doron Sheffer was a name that didn’t even cross my mind while making this, and I would probably replace Bouk with him.

About the columns, positions don’t matter, as long as it adds up to $15 or less. That’s just a way for me to divide the players.

About the PGs, I put KEA as the $3 only for the reason that he helped lead the team to a NC, looking back I would probably put him at the $1 and shift Smith and Price up.

Overall, this was quickly put together and I’m glad it’s getting this recognition. I also recommend you drop a follow on IG. @uconnmbb.updates

Reaction Score
That was mine too

Can’t beat that team IMO. Best PG in Kemba, scoring machine. Vital and Giffey are the perfect compliments for a PG like Kemba with their toughness, defense, and shooting. Then Charlie V and Okafor make for a long and dominant front court.

Reaction Score
Can’t beat that team IMO. Best PG in Kemba, scoring machine. Vital and Giffey are the perfect compliments for a PG like Kemba with their toughness, defense, and shooting. Then Charlie V and Okafor make for a long and dominant front court.

You typically have at least two NBA potential caliber guys on a national championship team. Kemba and Okafor give you that, plus the floor general and inside guy.

Everyone else is a role player.

Taliek would be valued at $2, $3 or $4. I would have taken him over Kemba and probably upgraded at the PF or SG spot.
Add Cliff Robinson at $2 or $3 and take him at the PF spot and no one would beat that team

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You typically have at least two NBA potential caliber guys on a national championship team. Kemba and Okafor give you that, plus the floor general and inside guy.

Everyone else is a role player.

Taliek would be valued at $2, $3 or $4. I would have taken him over Kemba and probably upgraded at the PF or SG spot.
Add Cliff Robinson at $2 or $3 and take him at the PF spot and no one would beat that team

Respectfully disagree. Kemba is an extremely ball dominant player and surrounding him with players that compliment him (Vital, Giffey, Charlie) is ideal.

So my team has the 2 most dominant players (Kemba and Okafor) along with perfect role players.

Reaction Score
Respectfully disagree. Kemba is an extremely ball dominant player and surrounding him with players that compliment him (Vital, Giffey, Charlie) is ideal.

So my team has the 2 most dominant players (Kemba and Okafor) along with perfect role players.

I think that's what I posted

Reaction Score
My bad.

So you’re saying...

Taliek, Vital, Giffey, Cliff, Okafor >> Kemba, Vital, Giffey, Charlie, Okafor??

Nope, saying Taliek, if at $2 or $3 is a good value with an upgrade at the 2 or 4 spot

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Rationale for my team. I want a balance of offense and defense and ability to score from every level. Obviously this game is close to zero sum. You choose one player from each position and exclude four others.

AJ
Ray
Giffey
Donyell
Drummond

AJ had a plenty strong handle and I'm taking Ray's handle against the second best perimeter defender's ability to stop Ray. Both AJ and Ray could bang three's all day and could also hit the 15' shot off one dribble. Neils and Donyell could also hit the three no problem.
I'm going with the classic 4 out 1 in offense. Only Husky who could guard Andre straight up in the post is Emeka. I'm taking Donyell against any lineup with Emeka and whomever you have as your four. Plus, if Emeka has to rotate to guard Donyell at the rim, Dre is the premier offense rebounder. I can't think of any other combination of inside players who can hit offensive boards better. Plus, both Donyell and Dre can simply outjump defender to grab the board.
Dre, Donyell and Neils give me three very good defensive rebounders and Neils and Donyell give me plenty of length on the perimeter to feed to Dre for blocks and then clean up the rebounds.

Reaction Score
PG: Taliek Brown
SG: Tony Robertson
SF: Cliff Robinson
PF: Corny Thompson
C: Rod Sellers

Reaction Score
Kemba
Niels
Emeka
Both CVs.

Kemba as the leader, emeka as the dominate force in the paint, Niels for his ability to do everything when needed, Charlie for his athleticism and vital for his grit. Could you imagine Vital playing with some of these guys?

give me a bench with the likes of Adrien, Stix, Dyson, Doron Scheffer and Voskul.

Reaction Score
Kemba
Niels
Emeka
Both CVs.

Kemba as the leader, emeka as the dominate force in the paint, Niels for his ability to do everything when needed, Charlie for his athleticism and vital for his grit. Could you imagine Vital playing with some of these guys?

give me a bench with the likes of Adrien, Stix, Dyson, Doron Scheffer and Voskul.

This is the squad @B1GEast and myself had. This is the perfect team. The two most dominant players (Kemba and Okafor) on the list along with their perfect compliments.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
These are always so hard for me, I end up not actually completing them. But I've pored over this for days, I'm going to give a roster using each dollar value.

As many have said, it's impossible to do and not feel you're leaving someone out, but that's the joy of being a spoiled Husky fan.

$1 - AJ Price - PG
$4 - Ben Gordon - SG
$3 - Caron Butler - SF
$2 - Charlie V - PF
$5 - Emeka - C

The other thing I keep thinking about with this exercise is how pairing basically any 2 $5 guys would make that team unstoppable.

I thought the best use of that would be Okafor and Kemba, though someone like Donyell paired with Kemba or Ray would be a nightmare as well. Then you think, Kemba plus another elite guard like Ray or Rip, wow ... you can throw in guys like Daniels and Drummond and be INSANE ... Kemba, AJ, Ray, Daniels and Drummond might score 200 points a game.

Reaction Score
I'm just angry Selvie isn't available, that's a huge slight to him. He's at least worth 3 dollars.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Rationale for my team. I want a balance of offense and defense and ability to score from every level. Obviously this game is close to zero sum. You choose one player from each position and exclude four others.

AJ
Ray
Giffey
Donyell
Drummond

AJ had a plenty strong handle and I'm taking Ray's handle against the second best perimeter defender's ability to stop Ray. Both AJ and Ray could bang three's all day and could also hit the 15' shot off one dribble. Neils and Donyell could also hit the three no problem.
I'm going with the classic 4 out 1 in offense. Only Husky who could guard Andre straight up in the post is Emeka. I'm taking Donyell against any lineup with Emeka and whomever you have as your four. Plus, if Emeka has to rotate to guard Donyell at the rim, Dre is the premier offense rebounder. I can't think of any other combination of inside players who can hit offensive boards better. Plus, both Donyell and Dre can simply outjump defender to grab the board.
Dre, Donyell and Neils give me three very good defensive rebounders and Neils and Donyell give me plenty of length on the perimeter to feed to Dre for blocks and then clean up the rebounds.

This is one of my favorite teams so far. Has everything.

Reaction Score
There are absolute steals in the $1 bin so give me:
Ray: $5
Mek: $5
Caron: $3
AJ: $1
Niels: $1

You can mail me my trophy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors