144 Combined In Our Losses... | The Boneyard

144 Combined In Our Losses...

Reaction Score
Free throws to our opponent(s). We're averaging nearly 29 free throws given up in our losses.

What are we doing wrong and how does this coaching staff fix this?

Reaction Score
IT's as simple fix actually - what we lack in foot speed we make up for in length. With this current team we should be playing a simple 2 -3 zone especially against the majority of the Big East where teams have very quick and thick guards but they can't shoot well. We beat both St Johns and Seton Hall by double digits with Zone defense

Reaction Score
We are falling for every single head fake and pump fake. Andre us the biggest culprit. But we never use it at the basket or to shake a guy/draw a foul at the three point line. Frankly, Sanogo is lucky he gets those goaltending calls. Not all of those are going in.

Reaction Score
IT's as simple fix actually - what we lack in foot speed we make up for in length. With this current team we should be playing a simple 2 -3 zone especially against the majority of the Big East where teams have very quick and thick guards but they can't shoot well. We beat both St Johns and Seton Hall by double digits with Zone defense
We don’t have to be Syracuse but I don’t get why we are allergic to it

Reaction Score
Free throws to our opponent(s). We're averaging nearly 29 free throws given up in our losses.

What are we doing wrong and how does this coaching staff fix this?
For context, we're averaging approximately 20 free throws given up in our wins.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Stop overplaying the 3, play zone (2-3 or 3-2) to prevent the easy drives to the rim and PLEASE PLEASE STOP THE DUMB FOULS and giving the opponents free throws.

They did a good job today of not over palying the 3. They still couldn't stop dribble oenetration and were horrible at identifying a boxing out ue weak side on offensive rebounds.

Reaction Score
i thought it was the refs at first but it really aint

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Hurley, Jackson, DC, HD, etc are playing basketball with a football mentality. We’re biting at every fake.

What’s concerning is that we’re bringing Johnson back here within the next few games. What has his problem been when he’s been on the court? Fouling.

Reaction Score
They did a good job today of not over palying the 3. They still couldn't stop dribble oenetration and were horrible at identifying a boxing out ue weak side on offensive rebounds.
And it's made that much worse with having zero rim protection on the floor for 28 minutes per game. Our starting 5 has managed to not guard anyone. We dropped him back more last game and he just watched ballhandlers go straight to the rim without rotating to deter them.

Reaction Score
Its not just shooting fouls that are causing this, its the dumb fouls that are being committed that has the other team in bonus half way through each half. Plenty of games teams are in double bonus with 8 mins to go.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I agree with what has been said, and some excellent points have been made. I would add that we need to learn to defend less with our hands, and more with our feet and bodies. Also, we should be drawing more offensive fouls as teams look to exploit our (up to this point) weak penetratrion defense: when he begin doing a better job of positioning, hopefully we'll get more whistles in our favor.

Reaction Score
I think the team is over-aggressive at times on D, and the refs are calling it. You hear about the practice intensity Hurley preaches. Makes you wonder

Reaction Score
I agree with what has been said, and some excellent points have been made. I would add that we need to learn to defend less with our hands, and more with our feet and bodies. Also, we should be drawing more offensive fouls as teams look to exploit our (up to this point) weak penetratrion defense: when he begin doing a better job of positioning, hopefully we'll get more whistles in our favor.
I learned that when I was in CYO in 8th grade. You play defense with your feet, not with your hands. Yet another example of how fundamentally weak this team is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom