14/15 Schedule | The Boneyard

14/15 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OOC:
Fordham, Bryant, @Florida, @Stanford, Texas, 3 game tourney, Duke.
AAC:
Home: UCF, Cincinnati, East Carolina, Memphis, USF, SMU, Temple, Tulane, Tulsa
Away: Cincinnati, East Carolina, Houston, Memphis, USF, SMU, Temple, Tulane, Tulsa

So unless I missed anything we have 2-3 open slots. Any rumors as to whom they may belong to?

Reaction Score
Two of the other home games are accounted for - I believe it's CCSU and Yale. Which leaves 1 true open spot. Villanova was rumored to be on the schedule a couple weeks ago but haven't heard anything since.

Reaction Score
So what is a reasonable expectation for in-conference losses this year? 4?

Reaction Score
There were rumors a few months back that UConn and Kansas were trying to set up a home and home. Really hope they can get that done and thats the final spot.

Reaction Score
Two of the other home games are accounted for - I believe it's CCSU and Yale. Which leaves 1 true open spot. Villanova was rumored to be on the schedule a couple weeks ago but haven't heard anything since.

Amore said last week that the Nova game wasn't going to happen

Reaction Score
Amore said last week that the Nova game wasn't going to happen

OK, I must have missed that. It will be interesting to see if that final game is against a big-time opponent or not. Either way, it's an awfully tough non-conference schedule, especially since most of the toughest games are away from home.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
One more name OOC game for the home slate would be ideal as you could then split Texas/OOC and Memphis/SMU up by Gampel/XL.

Great overall schedule but a little weak for the home ( compared to what were used to).

Reaction Score
we honestly have a realistic chance of being a 3 loss team this season if we dont lose to any scrubs like houston

Reaction Score
Are we not playing Harvard again? They're usually a solid top-100, even top-50 team, and we could use some more opponents like that in between the top high-majors and the absolute scrubs.

Reaction Score
Are we not playing Harvard again? They're usually a solid top-100, even top-50 team, and we could use some more opponents like that in between the top high-majors and the absolute scrubs.

The 3 games in Puerto Rico will likely fall into that category.

Reaction Score
OK, I must have missed that. It will be interesting to see if that final game is against a big-time opponent or not. Either way, it's an awfully tough non-conference schedule, especially since most of the toughest games are away from home.

looks like it will be a midmajor if Amore is correct, I saw this convo between him and someone else on twitter last week

Dom Amore
@AmoreCourant

@Ya_boy_brendan // I'm told no on 'nova. Remaining games will be mid majors

Reaction Score
looks like it will be a midmajor if Amore is correct, I saw this convo between him and someone else on twitter last week

Dom Amore
@AmoreCourant

@Ya_boy_brendan // I'm told no on 'nova. Remaining games will be mid majors

If that's the case, I'm good with it. Texas, Florida, Duke, and Stanford is plenty of horse power for a non-conference schedule. Dayton, West Virginia, New Mexico, and even Boston College could be decent next year, so even if there isn't a big name in the tournament it should be solid competition.

Reaction Score
When does the game dates come out? Does anyone know the Florida game date?

Reaction Score
If we can split the FL, TX, DUKE, YALE 4 game set and split with SMU we should at most have a 4-5 loss season next year.

Personally I see this team being a 3 loss team, I think Boat will do a great job handling the ball, Samuel will develop and we will see some REAL STAR potential out of Hamilton and Purvis (dude was a stud at NC State as a FR). The development of the bigs will provide all we need down low with Brimah, Nolan, Rubin, and Facey.

Damn it feels good be a gangsta

Reaction Score
If we can split the FL, TX, DUKE, YALE 4 game set and split with SMU we should at most have a 4-5 loss season next year.

Personally I see this team being a 3 loss team, I think Boat will do a great job handling the ball, Samuel will develop and we will see some REAL STAR potential out of Hamilton and Purvis (dude was a stud at NC State as a FR). The development of the bigs will provide all we need down low with Brimah, Nolan, Rubin, and Facey.

You might want to reel in the expectations a bit. This is not a three loss team. We will almost assuredly be underdogs @ Stanford, @ Florida, and vs. Duke. SMU will be a national title contender next year. Memphis and Cincinnati are always going to be tough games, and I'm sure there will be at least another team in the AAC that proves to be a tough out (maybe Tulsa). Not to mention, we're going to be seeing some solid clubs in the preseason tournament we'll be playing in - not world-beaters, but not pushovers, either. If we have only 6-7 losses on selection Sunday, I will consider that a successful season.

Reaction Score
You might want to reel in the expectations a bit. This is not a three loss team. We will almost assuredly be underdogs @ Stanford, @ Florida, and vs. Duke. SMU will be a national title contender next year. Memphis and Cincinnati are always going to be tough games, and I'm sure there will be at least another team in the AAC that proves to be a tough out (maybe Tulsa). Not to mention, we're going to be seeing some solid clubs in the preseason tournament we'll be playing in - not world-beaters, but not pushovers, either. If we have only 6-7 losses on selection Sunday, I will consider that a successful season.

Seriously. 3 losses? Our 1999 team had 2. Our 2009 team 5. Last year's 8. I know the conference isn't what it used to be but c'mon.

And if SMU is going to go from "nice" team to national title contender, they better learn to play good ball outside of Moody Coliseum. Their away record and bad losses away from home knocked them out of the NCAA's.

Reaction Score

Easy there. Who would have ever predicted that last year's team would have lost to Houston, SMU twice, and a home game to Stanford? We could easily have 3 or more losses in the non-conference schedule alone - and it wouldn't even be that big of a deal.

And not to be critical of Rodney Purvis (I expect him to be great for us), but I don't think many NC State fans would agree with your assessment of his freshman year.

Reaction Score
Easy there. And not to be critical of Rodney Purvis (I expect him to be great for us), but I don't think many NC State fans would agree with your assessment of his freshman year.
I trust Ollie's judgement that the kid is a "ferrari". Also, Ive heard numerous things on twitter that Purv is fuxking amazing now

Reaction Score
I trust Ollie's judgement that the kid is a "ferrari". Also, Ive heard numerous things on twitter that Purv is fuxking amazing now

That may be true now, but it doesn't affect his point that Purvis wasn't exactly "a stud" in his year at NC State.

Reaction Score
Not that anyones asking me, and its tough to complain about playing strong programs like Florida and Texas, but Id prefer to take our nonconference games against teams from states outside of our conference. UCLA and Michigan are favorable options IMO, especially with regards to recruiting territory, although I also wouldn't mind playing at Detroit and Georgia State regularly. I love the game with Stanford, especially with the crossover with the womens program, and for that reason I wouldn't at all mind playing Tennessee and ND annually, although we're obviously in-conference with Tennessee's Memphis. I'd also like to see us play UMass and Harvard annually, with PC, URI, and BC on a rotational basis when possible for New England rivalry games. Against 'Cuse at the Garden seems like a no-brainer for an annual matchup looking at national exposure, rivalry, ticket sales and just about every other reason... And who wouldn't love to see Ollie take on Shaka a few dozen times? Of course theres more going on than Warde just picking up the phone here and there, but that's the better part of my wish list.

Not opposed to playing Fairfield at Webster either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom