'14-'15 Captains: Tyson, Gerling, Kirtland | The Boneyard

'14-'15 Captains: Tyson, Gerling, Kirtland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
3 good guys. I really like Kirtland, for what its worth. he always seems to be around the puck, he can score and he seemed to really make a jump last year.

Reaction Score
A little surprised actually very surprised Tyson was named a Captain with only a total of 16 points over his 3 year Atlantic Hockey career as a forward. I fully understand points dont tell the whole story about a players character,work ethic etc... but come on ? With the talent i hear coming in next year will Cavanaugh do the right thing if the situation presents its self and have his capt. sit in the stands as a healthy scratch ? Im not wishing that by no means but it could very easily happen.

What's your angle...? You posted something similar a few days ago and then deleted it - now you repost it minus the "your team" reference. Just trying to figure out your perspective because you seem to have an axe to grind with the team (or Cav). Not everything needs to be seen through blue colored glasses obviously and to each his own I guess - just curious for the go-forward.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I look at Ryan Tyson's stats and think of a guy like Ryan Callahan. Cally we all know got traded because he wanted a lot of money ($6.5-$7 million/yr for 7 yrs) that the Rangers were not willing to pay. Cally as a Ranger was a jack of all trades master of hustle, I see Tyson in that same way. I personally like the choices for the C and A's...and best of all they were chosen by their peers and coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom