OT: 13-year-old NY girl killed by stray bullet,dreamed of playing for UConn | The Boneyard

OT: 13-year-old NY girl killed by stray bullet,dreamed of playing for UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
@UCweCONN posted this on the men's forum:

"I'd move this to the women's board. What a tragedy. Geno has a big heart. Maybe someone with connections can contact him and see if maybe they can send her family a jersey. It is a small thing and won't bring her back but maybe being buried in a UCONN jersey would provide the family with a little comfort."

Reaction Score
So young, so full of promises. Gone!!! So sad !!!! If anybody has an address, I can send them some UConn gears!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Breaks my heart. So sad for her family. Innocent children - just terrible...

Reaction Score

UConn sent a letter to Shamoya McKenzie's family, recognizing her as an honorary member of the women's basketball program.

While most teenagers are preparing for life in high school or contemplating which major to study in college, Shamoya McKenzie had her future planned out.

The 13-year-old star on the Mount Vernon junior varsity basketball team wanted to go to the University of Connecticut not just to play for the women's basketball team, but to major in business. She then planned to play in the WNBA.

_________________________________________​

Proud again, to be a UConn WBB fan. Thoughts and prayers for her family and friends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34