12 Years. Seven season tickets. I'm done. | The Boneyard

12 Years. Seven season tickets. I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just brutal. Done. Done. Done. Next years home schedule is brutal and this team is gutless and leaderless. I'm out. Love all the crazies here on the yard but I'm out. Two weeks to prepare for this and we get an absolute abomination. Sorry all. Out

Reaction Score
Just ing brutal. Done. Done. Done. Next years home schedule is brutal and this team is gutless and leaderless. I'm out. Love all the crazies here on the yard but I'm out. Two weeks to prepare for this and we get an absolute abomination. Sorry all. Out

I'm right there with you Skibbs! This program has turned into a first class * Show!! For the last two games I could not find ONE person willing to go to a game and had to eat the tickets. Why waste $1500 on this crap? This is an absolute joke.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I hear ya. Our season tix folks left at half, home to watch the second half.
Pathetic. Do not DVR Jimmy.
Cannot wait for the Boyle threads.
OMFG

Reaction Score
Really makes you want to punch yourself in the face. Coming off a bye week, and it looked so bad defensively, I think they took it easy on us in the second half.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Tubs did take it easy on us.
It coulda been in the sixties easy

Reaction Score
Boyle looked awful. I've had tix since memorial, and will just buy select games and park at aero lot. Just so hard to watch. Hockey has been a breath of fresh air (and I don't even really like hockey)

Reaction Score
Just ing brutal. Done. Done. Done. Next years home schedule is brutal and this team is gutless and leaderless. I'm out. Love all the crazies here on the yard but I'm out. Two weeks to prepare for this and we get an absolute abomination. Sorry all. Out

We're ten years Season ticket holders, and taking a break for at least next year I think. The schedule is a shytefest, and nights like this do not help. Also, I need to know I can recoup at least a couple of games in the secondary market, and that's nonexistent right now.

Reaction Score
When the team and the program needs you the most you want to bail? Please spare me the "I've been a season ticket holder for years." You can certainly do as you wish but if you think you're voting with your feet to send a message you strike me more as the equivalent of army deserters in the heat of battle.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When the team and the program needs you the most you want to bail? Please spare me the "I've been a season ticket holder for years." You can certainly do as you wish but if you think you're voting with your feet to send a message you strike me more as the equivalent of army deserters in the heat of battle.

I would have said the same thing 5 years ago.

Now I disagree. You have to give people a reason to spend time and money.

Reaction Score

Didn't go to uconn but have gone to games since I was a kid. Bought into the 1a dream hook line and sinker. Have been to all bowl games except International. Average two away games per year as well. Sometimes just have to know when to pull the plug. I'm done but don't appreciate being called a deserter. Completely rational unemotional decision for me. And that makes me sad.

Reaction Score
I would have said the same thing 5 years ago.

Now I disagree. You have to give people a reason to spend time and money.
8 pm Start, on a cold night, team is 2-7, and playing like absolute sheet, as you freeze your nuts off at 26-0, and you're not rational if you don't question why the hell you subject yourself to such torture.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
8 pm Start, on a cold night, team is 2-7, and playing like absolute sheet, as you freeze your nuts off at 26-0, and you're not rational if you don't question why the hell you subject yourself to such torture.

I stayed until the end. For a while I questioned my sanity. Then I just found the humor in it.

A sack on third down leading to a missed FG? All you can do is laugh.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Nostical said:
I'd agree if you were talking about a movie or Broadway show. But there's a big difference with college football. You're a fan. Fans support their school and team in good times and bad. Or maybe they're not really fans.

The price level is indefensible. Times have changed. They need to stop pretending they're in a big conference with those prices.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If the program gets miraculously turned around fans will come back. Though it's true that the program can be judged by how the fans support it in a down year, we are in a multi year slide. That is hard to take, so I won't hold it against any fan who says they will stay home, as long as they come back when things improve. Which will hopefully be next year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd agree if you were talking about a movie or Broadway show. But there's a big difference with college football. You're a fan. Fans support their school and team in good times and bad. Or maybe they're not really fans.

It's not a charity. Look around the country. Much bigger schools in more populous locals with hundreds of thousands more alumni play in front of no one when they are bad.

It's a financial transaction. If there is no value for the purchaser they are just acting rationally.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
whaler is right. UCF had a lot of aluminum bleachers on TV today.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
whaler is right. UCF had a lot of aluminum bleachers on TV today.

They won by 50 and there was maybe 5k in the stadium at the start of the third quarter.

Reaction Score
It's not a charity. Look around the country. Much bigger schools in more populous locals with hundreds of thousands more alumni play in front of no one when they are bad.

It's a financial transaction. If there is no value for the purchaser they are just acting rationally.
This.

Even true fans can reach a point where they're not having fun anymore and can't afford to just throw a huge portion of their entertainment budget down the toilet. It doesn't make them bad fans, either. I'd actually argue it makes them smart fans.

Reaction Score
I stayed until the end. For a while I questioned my sanity. Then I just found the humor in it.

A sack on third down leading to a missed FG? All you can do is laugh.
I did a lot of laughing and joking too. Brought my 15 year old nephew, he said wow, they're awful. I looked at him and said you really think we don't have a chance at 41-0, left after that missed FG. I don't want to call Diaco a loser like Zoo did tonight, but that was a loser mover going for that FG.

I kept the tickets through the P era, cause I do feel like its my contribution to the program. Even after getting dicked out of my seats by the ticket office. I lost a dude from my crew due to that screw up. Still I'm there. I'm on the fence, and I'll probably renew, but yeah I wont dog anyone who drops this. They have to find a way to make this worthwhile. We are boring to watch and we lose a lot. That is a terrible combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom