#12 FSU at LSU 2 PM Nov 9 | The Boneyard

#12 FSU at LSU 2 PM Nov 9

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am curious about this game to gauge how good FSU really is and if Fargas actually has done anything to improve LSU after underwhelming seasons. Rooting for FSU for three reasons:
1. I like Sue Samrau as a coach
2. I want to see FSU do well in the ACC and beat ND!
3. I want LSU to lose a lot this year to be rid of Fargas, her overpaid salary and shear erosion of a once very good program for one of my fav posters @SECbbfan24
Go Seminoles! :)

Reaction Score
tenor.gif

Reaction Score
LSU leads 17-15 after the first quarter

Last time FSU beat LSU was in 2008

Reaction Score
Good lord the refs are taking over

FSU has no answer for Pointer, she is just penetrating the Paint every time. Does Sue do adjustments?

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
LSU leads 40-35 at the half. Pointer blasting FSU.

Reaction Score
LSU winning 40-35 at the half. FSU struggling defensively.

I am really pleased with our limited turnovers. Typically we have a lot of them.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sammie Puisis looking good for FSU with 2 second quarter 3's

Not much from River Baldwin

Reaction Score
Not much from River Baldwin

Foul trouble, think LSU will see a heavy dose of her this 2nd half. Puisis has a sweet stroke.

Difference in the game right now is LSU is taking care of the ball better and FSU can't stop LSU from inside the paint. 2nd half should be fun.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Puisis finishes 4-4 from 3 and makes 2 absolutely perfect FT's to help seal the win. She is a stud.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
LSU football team may outscore the LSU women's team.

Up 33-13 at the half in Tuscaloosa. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
LSU didn't finish well, but they confirmed my suspicion that they are competitive this year. I didn't get to see much of this game, but it looks like Mitchell wasn't as impactful as I expected (10 pts on 4-8).

Reaction Score
LSU didn't finish well, but they confirmed my suspicion that they are competitive this year. I didn't get to see much of this game, but it looks like Mitchell wasn't as impactful as I expected (10 pts on 4-8).

I mean we did beat FSU last year...

FSU focused on taking our post players out of the game. Issue for them was Pointer got to the basket at will and they couldn't really stop her most the game. We could not execute offensively in the 4th, just got out played there. Not mad we lost, think FSU is just the better team overall. I hope we can take care of the rest of the OOC games that we should. We can't afford dumb losses, like last year to Kansas and Tulane.

Reaction Score
I loved Ayana Mitchells aggressiveness! She straight up wanted the rebounds more than the FSU players.

Reaction Score
I loved Ayana Mitchells aggressiveness! She straight up wanted the rebounds more than the FSU players.

She is an elite rebounder. Even when she doesn't score, her rebounding and defense gives us a thousand more opportunities. We are going to miss her dearly next year.

Good game btw :) Best of luck moving forward

Puisis killed us, she is a baller. FSU has a bright future with those freshmen.

Reaction Score
Good game btw :) Best of luck moving forward

Puisis killed us, she is a baller. FSU has a bright future with those freshmen.

Thanks and same to you! For me the jury is out on the current state of the FSU program. The recruiting is always hot and cold and never consistent and not sure the new assistants are pulling their weight. We have zero recruits in '20 class and lose Kiah, Ekhomu and Woolfolk after this year. I love Coach Sue, but I am not sure she will ever get us over the hump.

Reaction Score
I mentioned a while back that A Mitchell would be an outstanding enforcer, screen setter and rebounder on a contender. She has decent scoring ability but I’ve never thought she was comfortable as a primary scorer. I love her toughness and energy.

Reaction Score
To expound a little on the state of FSU's program, here is a comment made by a fellow FSU fan on another site that sums up well why FSU hasnt gotten over the hump.

"
Yeah, IMO that's the primary reason why we the program hasn't taken the next step and become an "elite" program. The inconsistency in recruiting.

In 2010, we brought in Natasha Howard who was a star in the making but the 2011, 2012 recruiting classes were terrible (none of those players were ACC caliber players who all transferred out). In 2014, we brought in Shakayla Thomas, but the following class was underwhelming in 2015.

So I dont want to put all the blame on the new assistant coaches as this has been an ongoing problem for awhile now.

Many have brought up our PG situation which I always find mind-boggling that sue struggles to bring in elite pg's. We havent brought in a quality pg (directly from hs) since Courtney Ward. We have been able to get by thru transfers (Toles, Delgado, Conwright, Romero). All those players were solid but not considered elite pg's who could get us to a final 4.

Kinda random but Gaulden transferred out to Arkansas and is in the same situation she was her freshman year here as they have recruited over her many times now. She would be a senior pg this year with woolfolk and ekhomu.

Also, It doesn't make matters easier that FSU isnt the top team in the southeast anymore and has to compete with SC and MSU for top recruits in our region. Both those programs have been to final fours/championship games in recent years and have become prominent nationally.

"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom