12/6 Sunday's Viewing Guide | The Boneyard

12/6 Sunday's Viewing Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hopefully yesterday was the worst Saturdays will get this college basketball season. Even though it’s still football season, lots of good games today:

1 PM:
#12 Villanova vs #17 Texas: Shaka Smart was on the hot seat entering this season, but looks like his best team he’s had in Austin. They looked real good against UNC and I think they have the talent to make the Final Four.

2:00 PM
Missouri @ Wichita State. Missouri is a solid, middle of the road SEC team and will be a tough test for Wichita State

2:30 PM
Stony Brook @ St. John’s. St. John’s will play a Seawolves team with a lot of size and a lot of roster turnover helped by transfers Frankie Policelli (Dayton), Jaden Sayles (Akron) and Tykei Greene (Manhattan).

3:00 PM
Xavier @ Cincinnati: Great to see the Crosstown Shootout go on this year. Belmont transfer Adam Kunkel makes his debut as well as freshmen Chris Wilcher and Colby Jones. Even though we crap on the AAC, I've always liked playing Cincy and their squad looks solid again this year, even post-Cumberland. This year, bigs Chris Vogt and Rapolas Ivanauskas will be a load to play against while senior Keith Williams leads the team.

4:00-5:00 PM
4 PM – Oklahoma @ TCU. Early Big 12 matchup.
4:30 – West Virginia @ Georgetown. Expect a blowout from West Virginia
4:30 – Pepperdine @ San Diego State – Excellent Califonia mid-major matchup. Colbey Ross is one of the best scorers in the nation and Pepperdine is a WCC darkhorse candidate. They already beat UC Irvine and it took UCLA three OTs to beat them.
5:00 - #20 Kentucky @ Georgia Tech- Tough start 0-2 for Josh Pastner as this was projected to be his most talented team with Georgia Tech

6:00 PM
DePaul @ Iowa State – Good test for DePaul’s season debut. Both teams are heavily loaded with transfers. Very curious how Valpo transfer Javon Freeman-Liberty meshes with Charlie Moore.

Buffalo @ Bowling Green – Battle of the two best teams in the MAC. Props to Justin Turner for spurring the grad transfer route to finish his career as arguably the best player in Bowling Green history.

Louisana Tech @ L$U – The undefeated Bulldogs are one of the top C-USA teams and pose a nice OOC challenge for L$U.

8:00 PM
Seton Hall @ Penn State – After an expected down year, Penn State looks better than advertised with Binghamton transfer Sam Sessoms providing the team a legit bucket-getter. Sophomore Seth Lundy scored 32 against VMI earlier this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great listing...which game is most likely to have Bill Walton?

Seton Hall @ Penn State: That MAMUKELASHVILI dude from Seton Hall is REALLY good.
6'11", 240, good shooter, good handle... (I love bigs that can drive/dunk and shoot 3's)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Seton Hall @ Penn State: That MAMUKELASHVILI dude from Seton Hall is REALLY good.
6'11", 240, good shooter, good handle... (I love bigs that can drive/dunk and shoot 3's)

Oregon pretty much shut him down. Not that PSU is Oregon, but they should be better than URI, which also beat Hall.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Stony Brook(who got annihilated by St Peters) leading St John’s...

Reaction Score
AG 12 pts 4 rebounds, 4 assists no turnovers at half. Keeping them in it. He looks better than what we have.
So far in the second half he’s reverting to some old habits - driving too far and throwing up circus shots/throwing the ball away. With Etienne ice cold it seems that he’s trying to do a bit too much. Great first half though

Reaction Score
So far in the second half he’s reverting to some old habits - driving too far and throwing up circus shots/throwing the ball away. With Etienne ice cold it seems that he’s trying to do a bit too much. Great first half though
Yeah i jinxed him. WSU is not very good.

Reaction Score
Yeah i jinxed him. WSU is not very good.
Agreed. Will be rooting for them this season though, both for AG’s sake and because of the turmoil that Marshall threw their program into. Obviously the Ollie situation wasn’t to nearly the same degree as the Marshall situation, but I see parallels between the two - successful coach goes off the deep end, players transfer out, leaves the program in shambles

Reaction Score
6:00 PM
DePaul @ Iowa State – Good test for DePaul’s season debut. Both teams are heavily loaded with transfers. Very curious how Valpo transfer Javon Freeman-Liberty meshes with Charlie Moore

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't know how, but Gtown is tied with WVU. It feels like WVU could go on a 10-0 run at any minute. Georgetown doesn't look that good but WVU is missing everything.

Edit: Huggins' teams have always had dodgy shot selection, which makes them prone to upsets.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’ll be flipping between Gtown, Kentucky, and the giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom