12/13/20 Sunday Viewing Guide | The Boneyard

12/13/20 Sunday Viewing Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Focus will be on the Giants game but there is nice slate of Sunday football starting at noon.

12 PM:
Rhode Island @ Western Kentucky - WKU is one of my favorite mid-majors to watch and this is a good matchup. Both teams have an electric lead guard (Fatts vs Hollingsworth) and good supporting guards. Can the Mitchell bros stop Charles Bassey? Carson Williams is one of the most fascinating players to watch: a 6'5 240 post player built like a fullback with YMCA gym game.

Wright State @ Bowling Green - The best team in the Horizon vs the best team in the MAC. Excellent matchup for both teams and one of the better inter-mid major matchups of the year. Justin Turner reminds me a lot of Myles Powell.

UMass @ Northeastern - UMass dominated the first game of the matchup but Northeastern is slated to be one of the better teams in the CAA.

1 PM:
#19 Richmond @ #11 West Virginia - Excellent matchup. Richmond's excellent ball movement and shot selection vs. West Virginia's pressure defense. Richmond defends the backcourt nastily and Francis/Gilyard generate turnovers, but can they stop Culver and Tshiebwe in the post? Grant Golden is an excellent offensive player, but he is not known for his defense. Perfect game to have on during Giants' halftime.

2 PM:
Ohio @ Marshall - An excellent mid-major matchup between two offensive powerhouses. Ohio's Jason Preston and Marshall's Taevion Kinsey are two of the best guards in the country. Ohio nearly beat Illinois earlier this year and Dan D'Antoni's Marshall is always fun to watch.

Loyola-Chicago @ UIC - The Ramblers are projected to be a top-5 mid-major team while first-year coach Luke Yaklich had an impressive first offseason trying to build up the UIC program.

Penn State @ Michigan - Solid Big 10 matchup between two middle of the road conference mates.

3 PM:
San Francisco @ Cal - San Francisco's recent rise has been one of the better stories in the last five years. The excellent shooting Dons should be favorites.

4 PM:
#23 Arizona State @ Grand Canyon - After a down season last year led to Thunder Dan's firing, Bryce Drew has had a nice start to the season, starting undefeated including a win against Nevada. Inside-out Italian big Alessandro Lever has had a great start to his senior season and Wichita State transfer Asbjorn Midtgaard gives the team Power-5 size unseen in the mid-major ranks. Between sophomore lead guard Jovan Blacksher a very good '20 class (three top-350 247 recruits) Bryce Drew's tenure looks good now and for the long term.

SIU Edwardsville @ Northwestern - A chance to watch Sid against a solid team on ESPNU.

7:30 PM:
St. John's @ Georgetown - I would have never highlighted a game between two AAC basement teams but any Big East game is watchable! Georgetown simply doesn't have the talent to do much this year but St. John's has been a ton of fun to watch. Better than expected incoming class between freshmen Posh Alexander and Dylan Addae-Wusu plus JUCO gets Vince Cole and Isiah Moore. It's a testament to their improvement on talent especially how last year's key rotation players Josh Roberts and David Caraher are barely getting minutes this year.

9:30 PM
Stanford @ USC - A chance to watch Zhaire Williams and USC debuts #53 2021 prospect Reese Dixon-Waters after granted eligibility just days after graduating high school early. North Granby's Jaiden Delaire is still questionable with an unknown injury.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I think the league is sleeping on Garza. He is so skilled. I did not check his age, but talent is talent. He can get double-doubles in the NBA. I giggle thinking back to how shocked we were that Cobb, on his offensive coming out party, also had no answer for Garza's game.

Reaction Score
I think the league is sleeping on Garza. He is so skilled. I did not check his age, but talent is talent. He can get double-doubles in the NBA. I giggle thinking back to how shocked we were that Cobb, on his offensive coming out party, also had no answer for Garza's game.

He'll be 22 in a week. Par for the course for a senior. I haven't seen any of their games other than highlights this year, but last year he was one of the worst defenders in the country. It'll always be the defensive end that holds him back in the NBA.

His offensive numbers are just wild, though. 145 ORTG so far on 30+ usage. I'm not sure that's ever been done before in college basketball history for a full season. He probably won't continue it either in B1G play, but he has a better chance with the shortened season. Kaminsky/McDermott were in the 125/32 range.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
We are going to annihilate STJ and Gtown if this is how they’re going to defend.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Fun ending to Georgetown game. Wahab for Georgetown sent a tremendous screen to free Georgetown's guard for the go ahead layup, then races down to the other end to block St. Johns' attempt to tie the game.

Edit: Few teams practice the end of game sequence, but they should. Every team tries to secure the ball at the end when they should just be throwing it down court if they have the lead.

St. Johns ties it at the buzzer.

Reaction Score
They haven't shown the replay so I could be wrong, but wasn't that a double dribble from Carey before the layup?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Fun ending to Georgetown game. Wahab for Georgetown sent a tremendous screen to free Georgetown's guard for the go ahead layup, then races down to the other end to block St. Johns' attempt to tie the game.
That screen was phenomenal.

Reaction Score
We are going to annihilate STJ and Gtown if this is how they’re going to defend.
The way freshman Dante Harris is playing today, I don't see any reason why Ewing should start grad transfer Jalen Harris when he returns from injury. The offense looks very different with Blair/Carey/D. Harris as the three guards.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I really like the way Georgetown plays on both ends. I assume that Ewing is not the easiest coach to play for, which is part of why they have had so many roster issues, but his teams play smart and hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom