12/11 Rankings | The Boneyard

12/11 Rankings

Reaction Score
(5) UConn -
(7) Marquette ^
(8) Creighton ^

Notably UNC didn’t move. Committee believes we are a worthy loss.

Also, Gonzaga fell at Washington by 3 pts. They dipped 3 spots. We have another top 10 match up for the third week in a row. Gonzaga lead Washington for 30 mins but couldn’t hold the lead.

1702322778269.png

Reaction Score
There's a lot of teams out there, Houston and Baylor that havent played the most competitive OOC schedule that I have no idea how good they actually are. Similarly, on paper i feel like Providence is not nearly as good as they were last year but Kim English has opted for a relatively easy schedule to help pump up their win/loss record. I think they are ok, I'm not sure how they'll fair in the Big East especially against the 3 headed monster in Marquette, Creighton and UConn. I'm not sure there are any locks to get into the NCAA tournament outside of the 3 from the big east this year.

Reaction Score
Was hoping to move up a spot this week. Not much else we could have done this week to do so. Even if we beat Gonzaga, seems like we won't get any love unless the other teams ahead of us lose (not to each other).

Reaction Score
Interesting. Marquette, Creighton and Gonzaga are the only three of the top 25 that do NOT play D1 football.

Reaction Score
I still don’t understand how we are not ahead of Purdue at the very least. They lost to NW and our only loss was by 4 at Kansas on a last second shot that would of won it and that’s with no castle, cam playing hurt and completely off , and clingan still recovering. We just beat the #9 team In country pretty handily. Houston has played nobody as usual I mean I guess I get Kansas and zona ahead of us but damn. And as a sidenote, they really are weighing that Zona win over Duke super heavy — they jumped like 10 spots when that happened -so funny.

Reaction Score
I still don’t understand how we are not ahead of Purdue at the very least. They lost to NW and our only loss was by 4 at Kansas on a last second shot that would of won it and that’s with no castle, cam playing hurt and completely off , and clingan still recovering. We just beat the #9 team In country pretty handily. Houston has played nobody as usual I mean I guess I get Kansas and zona ahead of us but damn. And as a sidenote, they really are weighing that Zona win over Duke super heavy — they jumped like 10 spots when that happened -so funny.
Purdue has four wins better than our best. They’ve played an incredibly tough schedule and are very good. They deserve to be ranked ahead of us.

Reaction Score
Eh whatever. Not sold. Pollsters sweat the boring ole big 10 anyways. That conference hasnt done Jack in tourney since the Wisconsin Frank kaminsky squad. Hope we get them in FF
And Bama is not better than unc , and zags , tenn, are pretty even with unc. They shudda dropped behind us when they lost to NW. but whatever. Splitting hairs by a spot or 2. Just annoying. When We’re clicking on all cylinders , there’s no way there’s any team in the country better than us.

Reaction Score
Eh whatever. Not sold. Pollsters sweat the boring ole big 10 anyways. That conference hasnt done Jack in tourney since the Wisconsin Frank kaminsky squad. Hope we get them in FF
And Bama is not better than unc , and zags , tenn, are pretty even with unc. They shudda dropped behind us when they lost to NW. but whatever. Splitting hairs by a spot or 2. Just annoying. When We’re clicking on all cylinders , there’s no way there’s any team in the country better than us.

I think he is going by KP but outside of Marquette they are all the same tier.

Reaction Score
There's a lot of teams out there, Houston and Baylor that havent played the most competitive OOC schedule that I have no idea how good they actually are. Similarly, on paper i feel like Providence is not nearly as good as they were last year but Kim English has opted for a relatively easy schedule to help pump up their win/loss record. I think they are ok, I'm not sure how they'll fair in the Big East especially against the 3 headed monster in Marquette, Creighton and UConn. I'm not sure there are any locks to get into the NCAA tournament outside of the 3 from the big east this year.
Just checked Houston's schedule.

Oh my, they haven't played anyone.

Utah, I suppose, is their best game.

MJ1

Reaction Score
All 12 Peacock subscribers are gonna be locked into that matchup
Actually, Peacock announced in October they reached the 30 million subscribers milestone.

Reaction Score
For the record, this is the magical Week 6 AP Poll. Every year for the past 19 seasons the champion has been in the top 12 of the Week 6 AP Poll. And for the last 23 years, the champion has been higher in this poll than previous polls. This week's ranking is consistently more accurate for March success than the final AP poll ranking a week before the tournament (and not just for the top 12).

We're officially in the hunt.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
(5) UConn -
(7) Marquette ^
(8) Creighton ^

Notably UNC didn’t move. Committee believes we are a worthy loss.

View attachment 93965
Worthy loss is still a loss they shouldve dropped. It was a fun game to watch but lets be realistic they spent most of htat game behind and the lead floated around 10-15 most of the second half and we won by double digits. It wasnt a close game and at no point in that game did i think we were in any serious danger. We lost to Kansas at Kansas by 4 and dropped. I think UNC not moving is disrespectful.

Reaction Score
100% of National Champions since 2004 have been rank in the top 12 in the week six AP poll, so we have that going for us.

caw

Reaction Score
Just checked Houston's schedule.

Oh my, they haven't played anyone.

Utah, I suppose, is their best game.

Houston and Baylor were allergic to competition but at least Baylor has two games coming up that should have been good in MSU and Duke. I'm rooting that they are actually legit and stomp both teams.

Reaction Score
UConn is being disrespected if Carolina doesn't get punished for losing to UConn? Aren't the voters saying "we expected you to lose because they're really good so we won't hold it against you"?
For reasons I never will understand, some people feel the need to be insulted and disrespected for no reason. If UNC was dropped 10 slots for losing to use, the same people will say we're being disrespected because the pollsters think we must not be good to drop a team that much for losing to us.

Reaction Score
I don't think you can rank regular season teams based on their conference's recent history. Who have you played and who have you beat? That's about all you can really do.

Reaction Score
Purdue has four wins better than our best. They’ve played an incredibly tough schedule and are very good. They deserve to be ranked ahead of us.
What 4 wins does Purdue have better than our UNC win? Only Marquette is ranked higher than UNC. Purdue's ranked wins are Marquette, TN & Zags...only Marquette is ranked better than UNC .....Tenn has 3 losses & Zags just lost to Wash and Bama not ranked with 3 losses.

Kenpom rankings aren't always best indicator who is best...BYU & Houston have played nobody and both in top 8 kenpom. Purdue is a very good team but not clearly deserving to be ranked ahead of UConn.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom