11 Big East games to go... | The Boneyard

11 Big East games to go...

Reaction Score
we play entire league one more time and DePaul twice & then BET. All we can hope for as fans is that this is rock bottom losing 5 of 6. It was a tough stretch with 4 road games against mostly good teams so some losses were expected, just not 5 of 6 and not the last 2 losses for sure.

So we move on and realize a long way to go and have plenty of opportunities ahead against ranked BE teams at home. Thankfully we have some high quality wins on the resume that keep on giving and keep us high in the metrics but wins are the name of game now. Don't care about BE regular season title...just wins.

Not going to analyze the team and all the warts of last couple weeks, plenty of that elsewhere. Just win games starting on Sunday...that is all.

Reaction Score
The team has to move on. There's plenty of opportunity left. We're probably not going to win the league regular season anymore, but there's time to improve and start playing better basketball heading into the most important time of the year.

How did the team feel in 2011 when they lost 4 of 5 heading into the BET? It's still possible. We still have achievable goals. Let's get to work.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, even Depaul at Depaul is going to be problematic. Last 3 games at home, win-close-win against good teams. there aren't many easy wins ahead for us.

1674133363274.png

Reaction Score
Think we win Sunday but ultimately we think we'd be pretty lucky to end up 10-10 in conference
I think we they will be lucky to go 5 & 6 unless they change the way they are playing right now. How big a lead do they need in the first half to bring home a win in the 2nd half when they get bullied and crack in the 2nd half; 20 or 25 might not be enough at this point. The focuse of the offense needs to be #24 and #32 not #21 at the postup spot.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Go back to dreaming up scenarios for John Calipari to lead us to victory over the G League. My post was talking about UConn fans rooted in reality
I’m not the insulting type but if I was I can’t remember a single post of yours to glean material. I don’t even know what you’re schtick is.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Yes, I saw who they beat last night.

Let me repeat. Why will DePaul be problematic for us?
Because we can’t get out of our own way.

Reaction Score
Cuz DePaul just beat Xavier at DePaul

It doesn’t work that way. Did you see that DePaul lost to Butler a couple of weeks ago? (We beat Butler on the road.)

Come on, you can do better than that. These kinds of things are meaningless. Xavier shot 38% from the floor and 20% from 3. Xavier is one of the best shooting teams in the country. They normally shoot 50% from the floor and 39% from 3. They had a bad night. It happens. Does that somehow mean we’re going to have a bad night when we play DePaul? Of course not.

DePaul has done nothing this year to make anyone who’s paying attention think that they have an elite defense. Nothing to suggest that X’s off night was the result of DePaul’s D. Last night was not representative of how DePaul plays. So, to cherry pick a game that was an anomaly and to claim that we’re in trouble against DePaul because Xavier lost to them is ridiculous.

So, could you please offer a substantial explanation for the claim that we’re going to have trouble against DePaul?

Reaction Score
I’m not the insulting type but if I was I can’t remember a single post of yours to glean material. I don’t even know what you’re schtick is.
What you don't get is that is a good thing, the fact we can remember so many of yours should be embarrassing.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Sorry, but we haven’t had that problem against teams of DePaul’s caliber.
DePaul is a half game behind us in the standings. St. John's has the same league record as DePaul. How did it go against St. John's?

Reaction Score
DePaul is a half game behind us in the standings. St. John's has the same league record as DePaul. How did it go against St. John's?

Come on. That’s meaningless until you’ve played the same teams home & home. I can’t believe that even you are taking what you typed seriously.

Reaction Score
So, could you please offer a substantial explanation for the claim that we’re going to have trouble against DePaul?
Sure. We just gave up 85 to SJU at HOME. They arent much better than DePaul. Both tied in the standings 1 game behind us.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Come on. That’s meaningless until you’ve played the same teams home & home. I can’t believe that even you are taking what you typed seriously.
They have played 40% of the league schedule: we have a pretty good idea of what they are going to be.

Reaction Score
Yes, I saw who they beat last night.

Let me repeat. Why will DePaul be problematic for us?
If the Huskies play like they have the last 6 games, then yeah DePaul will be problematic. We'll see which Huskies team shows up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom