11 and 10. | The Boneyard

11 and 10.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
11 points within first five minutes of game.
10 points over next 15+ min to finish half.

This team has no offensive identity and Hurley's desire to pass ball to post when there is no angle to make pass is mind numbing.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I think it’s a lot of things. They are horrible at settling each other up off drives.

Reaction Score
11 points within first five minutes of game.
10 points over next 15+ min to finish half.

This team has no offensive identity and Hurley's desire to pass ball to post when there is no angle to make pass is mind numbing.
Yeah because Hurley is the one making the passes.

Reaction Score
Yeah because Hurley is the one making the passes.

Passing is about sets, but it's also about basketball IQ. That will improve in future years. Jackson is supposedly an excellent passer.

Reaction Score
They're pretty good on defense. It's a shame the offense is so bad. How many games have they scored less than 70 points? Today only 55 points. It's really hard to win like that. Unless you're Virginia, I guess. But they slow the game down to a crawl and the Huskies don't do that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When the game speeds up, they throw the ball all over the place. They are simply incapable of playing fast.

Reaction Score
They're pretty good on defense. It's a shame the offense is so bad. How many games have they scored less than 70 points? Today only 55 points. It's really hard to win like that. Unless you're Virginia, I guess. But they slow the game down to a crawl and the Huskies don't do that.
It's a lot easier to win when you score 55 and your opponent scores 54.

Reaction Score
It's a lot easier to win when you score 55 and your opponent scores 54.
But it's really really hard to hold even a decent team to 54. It's pretty hard to hold a good team to 61, which they did today. But 54? How many times does that happen?

Reaction Score
O.K. it happens very rarely. You happy?

So you think the offense is good? Genius walks alone, I guess.
Never said. And you clearly don't get humor. I merely said score more than the opponent and you've taken offense to it. Genius.

Reaction Score
Never said. And you clearly don't get humor. I merely said score more than the opponent and you've taken offense to it. Genius.
In basketball if you score more points than the other team then you win? Really? I never knew that. Thanks.

Reaction Score
In basketball if you score more points than the other team then you win? Really? I never knew that. Thanks.
Maybe you should watch more. Or he’ll just look at box scores lol, you’ll see sub-60 games all the time

Reaction Score
Maybe you should watch more. Or he’ll just look at box scores lol, you’ll see sub-60 games all the time
Look up some teams, besides Virginia, and show me teams with above .500 records when they score less than 65 points. It just puts a tremendous amount of pressure on your team when you can't score. Everything else has to be almost perfect to win. There's very little margin for error. I don't think that's a hot take. Seems logical.

I just looked up Virginia because I was curious. They're 11-5 overall and 8-5 in games they score less than 65 points. Suggestions on other offensively challenged teams to look at?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Look up some teams, besides Virginia, and show me teams with above .500 records when they score less than 65 points. It just puts a tremendous amount of pressure on your team when you can't score. Everything else has to be almost perfect to win. There's very little margin for error. I don't think that's a hot take. Seems logical.

I just looked up Virginia because I was curious. They're 11-5 overall and 8-5 in games they score less than 65 points. Suggestions on other offensively challenged teams to look at?
That's great that you think that. Virginia is the reigning National Champion, same as what I shared with UConn in 2011. I merely made a mention of scoring more points than your opponent and you've been on a mission to disparage anything and everything I've said. Chill out. Relax as Aaron Rodgers would say.

Reaction Score
We are a terrible shooting team from 3. Who can argue that? And it makes winning very difficult because they make 3’s and we make 2’s. We fight hard and do some good things especially on defense but it’s too big a flaw.

Reaction Score

Different suggestion; re-consider your definition of “decent”

because we ain’t it right now

Reaction Score

Offensively challenged teams? Or teams that win when scoring less than 65 points? Because it happens all the time. Just look at Maryland, Seton Hall, Villanova, Florida St, Illinois and Kentucky have all done so. These are all top 25 teams. The moral of the story? They all scored more than their opponent which is what I said from the beginning.

Reaction Score
FWIW Virginia is 348 out of 350 DI teams in scoring per game.

BTW, UConn is 155. So better than average. Kind of surprised they were that high but I guess a lot of that was against the bad teams.

I was curious so I looked at P5 teams near the bottom of D1 in average scoring to see what their records were in games when they scored less than 65 points. Of course most of these teams aren't very good so not sure this is good data. Seems like a simple thing that it's harder to win not scoring so I don't know why people want to point out single games where teams win scoring less than 65. Yes, of course it happens. But it's not a sustainable model for success (well of course unless you're UVA). Seems pretty simple.

Rank of Team's Offense. Overall record and record in games when the team scores less than 65 points.
348 UVA: 11-5, 8-5
324 Boston College: 9-8, 3-6 (2 of the 3 wins were against UVA and UCal who are also near the bottom of scoring teams).
314 Kansas St: 8-9, 2-8
312 UCal: 8-9, 2-8
301 Tennessee: 10-6, 2-5
300 OK St: 9-8, 2-5
299 Pitt: 12-6, 4-3

155 UConn: 10-7, 2-4

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics