1000 Point Watch List | The Boneyard

1000 Point Watch List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Below is each player on the current roster listed in order of total career points. I calculated how many games it would take each player to reach 1000 points based on their current season average. Not the most accurate projections as players scoring paces are bound to shift.

Kia Nurse- 957 points, 4 games to 1000
Gabby Williams- 824 points, 16 games to 1000
Katie Lou Samuelson- 709 points, 15 games to 1000
Saniya Chong- 604 points, 61 games to 1000
Napheesa Collier-547 points, 24 games to 1000
Natalie Butler- 220 points, 150 games to 1000
Crystal Dangierfield- 86 points, 149 games to 1000
Tierney Lawlor- 55 points, 1890 games to 1000
Kyla Irwin- 18 points, 654 games to 1000
Molly Bent 18 points, 701 games to 1000

Kia is on track to join the 1000 point club very soon. Likely against Tulane or East Carolina in the upcoming weeks. Lou and Gabby should both reach the mark around the AAC championship. If Napheesa is able to average 19.7 per game, she would reach 1000 in the national championship game.

At this point, I suspect that Saniya, Natalie (only uconn points), and Tierney will not reach the mark. Nothing against these players as so many bench players have come through this program and each has meant so much. Scoring isn't everything; think Kiah Stokes!

Regarding the freshman, Crystal is the most likely player to reach 1000. However, its far too soon to count any of the three out.

It should be fun to see some of these players get recognized for their contributions to this truly special team.

Reaction Score
that is another example of how great this specific team is, when it entered the season with no players who scored at least 1,000 points...

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Just an outside UConn note. Kelsey Plum, West Coast Huskies, currently has 553 points in 18 games. If she keeps this pace up she could have 1000+ points in one season.

Reaction Score
Just an outside UConn note. Kelsey Plum, West Coast Huskies, currently has 553 points in 18 games. If she keeps this pace up she could have 1000+ points in one season.

Hypothetical question.... if the other Huskies want to trade Plum to UConn for their pick of any player on the current roster at the beginning of this year, for just one year, would you accept the trade ?

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Hypothetical question.... if the other Huskies want to trade Plum to UConn for their pick of any player on the current roster at the beginning of this year, for just one year, would you accept the trade ?

Since you aren't excluding bench players, it is a most sensible trade.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Plum is a great player, but I wouldn't trade her for any of the UConn starters. It would completely change the dynamics of the team. Sure Plum would score more points then Kia or Saniya but at what expense to the point totals of Gabby, Katie Lou and Napheesa? Would Plum's points be an addition or subtraction to the TEAMS total points? Also what would it do the Defensive Efforts of the team, would this team be giving up more points, I suspect it would. I don't mess with Chemistry, so I don't make the trade even though Plum is a better player then Kia or Saniya.

Reaction Score
If Kelsey Plum was on the UConn Huskies, she wouldn't be taking a third of the team's shots like she does out west. She'd still score a lot of points, but not like she does out there.

Reaction Score
No. This year she IMO is a better player than any of ours. But we'd be too guard heavy if they took NC or GW

Reaction Score
Not on a bet! I would not trade our ball girl for Kelsey (I know that she is an outstanding basketball player and probably an outstanding teammate and lovely human being, as well). I love the chemistry of our young women just the way they are.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Love Plum and think she could have been a phenomenal Uconn player had she been recruited/chose Uconn, but I like the team just fine the way it is, including the bench players.

Reaction Score
I think Plum is a fantastic player. She will have an awesome WNBA career probably. But I get nervous when one player is sooooo much of the offense. If she has an off night, who steps up? It reminds me of EDD playing for Delaware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom