10/2/1978 | The Boneyard

10/2/1978

Reaction Score
So where was everyone on this horrible day? I ran home all the way from school and got home just in time for Yaz's HR.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I got home just in time for Bob Bailey's at-bat. Zimmer was the worst manager of all-time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was seven years old. I live in a split family with Sox and Yanks. My mom is a lifetime Yanks fan. When Yaz popped out to Nettles she looked towards me and said something along the lines of "I wanted Yankees to win but didn't want Yaz to make the last out".

I said something in return. Probably wasn't too nice since my dad proceeded to throw me around the house a few times for whatever it was I said.

Just to show old rivals never die down, when Sox won it all in 2004 I was in the Navy on a ship in the Persian Gulf. When I returned to the states in December my wife showed me my 2-year old son wearing a Sox Championship shirt. She also showed me a note that came with the package that came from my mom. Note said she couldn't stand the thought of buying Sox championship gear for her son but she would do it for her grandson.

This year? Back in August I called home to talk to my folks. I talked with my dad first and when he asked if I wanted to talk to mom, I told her she wasn't allowed to talk until the Yanks got within 5 games of first place. I miss her voice (I still allow her to text and make FB comments).

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I was coming home from high school. Stopped at a friend's house, then made it home for the final 3 or 4 innings.

Two thoughts:

1) I'm a Chicago Cubs fan. I didn't give a damn about who won.
2) The Yanks-Sox rivalry was more interesting when it was regional. Once ESPN got hold of it and force fed it to a national audience, it became nauseating. ESPN kills everything it touches.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom