#1 UConn vs Maryland x 2 | The Boneyard

#1 UConn vs Maryland x 2

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sunday is an interesting day. At 1:30, the #1 ranked UConn women's basketball team will take on the challenger, #15 Maryland, in Hartford. At 2:00, the #1 ranked UConn field hockey team plays #11 Maryland in the NCAA National Championship game in Louisville. Let's hope Sunday is a good day for our Huskies.

By the way, the hockey Huskies can finish with a 23-0 undefeated record. That's quite an achievement.

Reaction Score
Sunday is an interesting day. At 1:30, the #1 ranked UConn women's basketball team will take on the challenger, #15 Maryland, in Hartford. At 2:00, the #1 ranked UConn field hockey team plays #11 Maryland in the NCAA National Championship game in Louisville. Let's hope Sunday is a good day for our Huskies.

By the way, the hockey Huskies can finish with a 23-0 undefeated record. That's quite an achievement.
And MBB plays at 6:00 at XL

Reaction Score
Is a Terrapin the same as a turtle?

ter·ra·pin
  1. a small edible turtle with lozenge-shaped markings on its shell, found in coastal marshes of the eastern US (i.e. Maryland).
  2. a freshwater turtle, especially one of the smaller kinds of the Old World.
tur·tle
  1. a slow-moving reptile, enclosed in a scaly or leathery domed shell into which it can retract its head and thick legs.
  2. a large marine reptile with a bony or leathery shell and flippers, coming ashore annually on sandy beaches to lay eggs.
  3. a freshwater reptile related to the turtles, typically having a flattened shell.
  4. any reptile of the order Chelonia, including the terrapins and tortoises.

Reaction Score
Yes, a terrapin is a type of turtle. Not the most fearsome critter as I constantly remind my daughter. I just can't take "Fear the Turtle" seriously, but it is an excellent school academically and my daughter is thriving there in her chosen academic pursuits.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm sure you guys will win by 30; unfortunately the Gamecocks lost focus in the 4th quarter against them and let them into the game. That said, the Terps admirably didn't give up.

Reaction Score

Geno coach them, too?

Reaction Score
ter·ra·pin
  1. a small edible turtle with lozenge-shaped markings on its shell, found in coastal marshes of the eastern US (i.e. Maryland).
  2. a freshwater turtle, especially one of the smaller kinds of the Old World.
tur·tle
  1. a slow-moving reptile, enclosed in a scaly or leathery domed shell into which it can retract its head and thick legs.
  2. a large marine reptile with a bony or leathery shell and flippers, coming ashore annually on sandy beaches to lay eggs.
  3. a freshwater reptile related to the turtles, typically having a flattened shell.
  4. any reptile of the order Chelonia, including the terrapins and tortoises.
"Edible"- the Huskies may feast twice on Sunday.

Reaction Score

Wow, had no idea about our hockey team! An embarrassment of riches, says this proud UConn alumnus.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The field hockey Huskies are going for their fifth championship, having already won in 1981, 1985, 2013, and 2014. They've been in 15 Final Fours and are a national power.

Wow. The Field Hockey Final Game is UConn vs MD happening at the same time (almost) as the Basketball game MD is an underdog here as well. Nice if we can put a double stake through the heart.

I think it strams live from http://www.ncaa.com/liveschedule

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Yes, a terrapin is a type of turtle. Not the most fearsome critter as I constantly remind my daughter. I just can't take "Fear the Turtle" seriously, but it is an excellent school academically and my daughter is thriving there in her chosen academic pursuits.

Maybe this particular turtle is like the rabbit in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. And UConn is like the Holy Hand Grenade.

Reaction Score
UConn’s field hockey record is pretty good, but not quite as good as Maryland’s record. Maryland has won 8 NCAA Championships and also finished second in 3 other times.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UConn’s field hockey record is pretty good, but not quite as good as Maryland’s record. Maryland has won 8 NCAA Championships and also finished second in 3 other times.
Interesting to compare the two"

......................................UConn.............Maryland
Year started...................1974..................1974
1st championship..........1981..................1987
All time record.........675-194-36........682-212-36
Conf tourney..................16.......................10 championships (ACC is tougher conference)
NCAA appearances........28......................29
Final Fours.....................15.......................16
Titles................................4........................8
Coach's record...........639-181-4...........535-133-9

Reaction Score
Second again this Year!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom