1 or 2 more 3's a game. | The Boneyard

1 or 2 more 3's a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Forget "live ball turnovers" for a second and all the layups we've given up on the year off them. Forget the amount of times we've stepped on a sideline, or dribbled the ball off our foot. Forget the cheap fouls off ball on both sides of the ball. Forget all the other little things that winning teams do and young teams don't. Forget that stuff.

Despite all that, the difference between this year and last year is just one 3 a game. Uconn made 7 threes a game last year on 18.5 attempts per game. This year 6 on 17. And the splits are dramatic in wins vs. losses.

Yale, Texas and Houston likely become Wins. Memphis and Temple at home might flip as well. with 1 more three a game we're reasonably 20-7 on the year.

Here's are splits by wins and losses with the cupcakes cut out:

stats.jpg

Even in year, we make 3 more threes a game on 1.5 less attempts in wins. We have a dramatically improved eFG. Defense is more or less flat across Wins and Losses. Rebounding as well.

As much as we complain about all of the little things or our talent pipeline or Ollie's divorce if we make shots we're basically on the same curve as last year.

Free throw rate is also pretty interesting. Its basically a flipped advantage on win's vs. losses. Call that a home road indicator.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I try but I can't forget them without something helping me blur those things you ask me to forget.:cool:

Nice write up. Shows how little is needed to change things. Although I think last years team got hot at the right moment as opposed to being fundamentally sound without a productive player at the 5. A better comparison would be with the 2004 team.

Reaction Score
Forget "live ball turnovers" for a second and all the layups we've given up on the year off them. Forget the amount of times we've stepped on a sideline, or dribbled the ball off our foot. Forget the cheap fouls off ball on both sides of the ball. Forget all the other little things that winning teams do and young teams don't. Forget that stuff..

You forgot missed floaters and layups, but otherwise spot-on recap of the season.

Reaction Score
on a lighter and unrelated note....1 or 2 more correct numbers on the powerball, and I'd be filthy rich

as it stands though, I am not, but I am still a UCONN fan, and thusly, filthy rich in fantastic basketball memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom