$1 million Purse for The Basketball Tournament 2021 | The Boneyard

$1 million Purse for The Basketball Tournament 2021

Reaction Score
Here are the 64 teams for those looking for more summer bball. The intriguing part is the slew of college alumni teams. Would be fun to see a UConn contingent.

I can't recall if a UConn team has ever participated in this event. Marquette's alumni team (excluding NBA stars of course) won last year. Boeheim's Army is the annual Syracuse entry.

Reaction Score
I believe former UConn guys have participated but no UConn team unfortunately

Reaction Score
I believe former UConn guys have participated but no UConn team unfortunately

Here is one

A first-time entry, the Xavier alumni team will be guided by 2018 second-team All-American Trevon Bluiett and fan favorite J.P. Macura. Add in the dynamic Semaj Christon and Seton Hall's Sterling Gibbs, and coach Rick Carter could have a title contender on his hands.

Reaction Score
Here are the 64 teams for those looking for more summer bball. The intriguing part is the slew of college alumni teams. Would be fun to see a UConn contingent.

I can't recall if a UConn team has ever participated in this event. Marquette's alumni team (excluding NBA stars of course) won last year. Boeheim's Army is the annual Syracuse entry.

It’s crazy to see how much this tournament has expanded the past few years, especially the alumni teams. I always watch for a local team for me (Primetime players), they’re in the West Virginia bracket. For the basketball junkies out there, Fran Friscilla has called them the best semi professionally team in the country for a few years now, they play out of Charlotte and they give good teams fits. Curious to see how the tourney shakes out, the Elam ending is a fun change up for a tourney like this.

Reaction Score
Would be really cool if the NBA sponsored an Open Cup like they do in soccer

Reaction Score
why doesnt uconn form a team next year with the nba drop outs and overseas guys?

thabeet
daniels
hamilton
vital
boat

oriakhi
roscoe
larrier
dyson
rique

champs

Last edited:
Reaction Score
why doesnt uconn form a team next year with the nba drop outs and overseas guys?

thabeet
daniels
hamilton
vital
boat

oriakhi
roscoe
larrier
dyson
rique

champs
Shabazz too. He's out of the NBA now.