1,800 Original Season Ticket Holders? | The Boneyard

1,800 Original Season Ticket Holders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I must be missing something. Last night they announced that there were 1,800 original season ticket holders in 2003 that have had tickets in each and every one of the last ten seasons. That number seems real low. Guess there weren't too many folks excited about the jump to D1? Even assuming an average of 4 seats per original season ticket holder gets you only 7,200 people. Can that be right? Does anybody know how many season ticket holders/accounts there are today?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was surprised the number was that low as well.

Reaction Score
Think of it in these terms: I've been a season ticket holder for 14 years. I order 10 tickets for my crew, but I'm only counted once since the tickets are all in my name. Same with the Ford dealership, McPhee Electric, Waquoit, Viper, etc.
Meanwhile, there are many ticketholders who ordered initially, let their tickets lapse for one reason or another, then reupped because of the schedule of teams visiting.

Reaction Score
I've been a season ticket holder forb10 years and don't receive he game day emails anymore. How do I get them reissued?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Last 11 seasons, 10 years. Didn't we go over this a day ago? :)

Reaction Score
I want a prize then. I've had 6-7 tickets each year since the beginning.

Reaction Score
I must be missing something. Last night they announced that there were 1,800 original season ticket holders in 2003 that have had tickets in each and every one of the last ten seasons. That number seems real low. Guess there weren't too many folks excited about the jump to D1? Even assuming an average of 4 seats per original season ticket holder gets you only 7,200 people. Can that be right? Does anybody know how many season ticket holders/accounts there are today?
Our group has had 16 tickets since the RENT opened. One name on them. We were kidding him about have 16 chances to win the door prize. Guy 1 row in front of us was interviewed by Emily Noonan during the game as the season ticket holder of the game.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I want a prize then. I've had 6-7 tickets each year since the beginning.
LOL, me too... 4 seats in various sections as I get moved around...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
When I heard the announcement, the only thing that I could think of was "consecutive" years. It could be that there were a number of season ticket holders that have dropped for a year or two (recession?) and then re-upped their season tickets. Or some had them for a few years and then were replaced by a new group that are "only" 8 or 9 years into their season ticket histories...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't know if moving around makes it not count for me but I had four seats in 129 for the first three year deal (my son was young and i felt it made more sense to test the waters on how easy it would be bringing him to games before committing to something with a seat donation. After that ended (I actually made this decision early in year two) I moved to 241 (did not specify where I wanted to sit, I just landed there) where i had four seats (very close to the aisle where the chairbacks are) for six years then decided to add two seats as I finally found enough interested co-workers where it did not appear that I would be throwing away money on seats. Unfortunately they moved me two rows back and ten seats further away from midfield with that move.

The number has to be much higher than 1,800.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
After some thought 1,800 might be right. I just bet the average ticket count is higher than 4. I've varied between 3-7 through the years.

These guys buying 15-20 tickets are the ones who also have been putting together groups for 10 years.

Keep in mind if it's 1800 at 5 tickets... That is about half of the season tickets they sold this year to non students.

If they came in at 25 total thats about 18 non-students... Half of out season ticket holders being from day 1 smells about right to me.

Reaction Score
I did 1 year in Memorial Stadium too! I saw Georgia Tech ... even when Caulley was a late scratch ...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Had season tickets since the Rent opened, but those tickets have been under 3 different names over that period, so I wouldn't count. 1,800 is a meaningless number. It is missing a lot of data points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom