1-7 and 6 | The Boneyard

1-7 and 6

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When your starting PG does that from the line and has 6 TO's, you ain't winning.

Seems like a great kid who fought through multiple injuries and as far as I can tell hasn't ever had an off the court problem, but he can't be on the court the last five minutes if UConn wants to win.

AG had the fel of the game to do the finger over lips with 5 min to go and then single handedly loses the game.

Reaction Score
When your starting PG does that from the line and has 6 TO's, you ain't winning.

Seems like a great kid who fought through multiple injuries and as far as I can tell hasn't ever had an off the court problem, but he can't be on the court the last five minutes if UConn wants to win.

AG had the fel of the game to do the finger over lips with 5 min to go and then single handedly loses the game.

3/11 from the field too.

At a certain point, he needs to stop dribbling through double teams.

I know physically he isn't what he used to be. But these mental errors ALL SEASON are correctable. He doesn't seem to care about fixing it though.

Reaction Score

Said the same thing about shushing the crowd followed by turnovers in another thread. He’s lost us 3 tight games in the last 2 weeks. He needs to sit.

Start Gaffney and Whaley next game

Reaction Score
He is the worst handling point ever. Has no business dribbling a ball. Free throws are another sad story for him, blame his shoulder? There are shut ins who can make them better than him.

Reaction Score
If you need proof that Gilbert's problems are mental not physical, the 1-7 should convince you.

I think he wants to fix them but he is lost right now. He actually plays very well for guy who is totally lost. At some point, he will just start playing with an attittude that lets him succeed. But it really should have happened by now. Before the season went down down the sewer and the clown ate the team.

Reaction Score
We get into winning situations with him, then he makes devastating mistakes. The offense grinds to a halt without him, and outside Bouk no one else can create, so what do you do?
Take away Bouk and the starters are 7 for 33 from the field. Can't imagine any team winning against a top 25 team with those stats, especially on the road.

Reaction Score
Just wish we had a closer for end game.
Gilbert and Vital think they can but it’s just not in their game.
To be fair the rest of the team wants no part of the ball in crunch time either.
I was hoping Vital would keep chucking 3’s instead of AG penetrating.At least you get a shot at the basket instead of a turnover at the ankles

Reaction Score
How long do we keep this false hope up that AG will wake up and turn back into this McDonald's all American level player everyone expected. Maybe or younger players aren't ready but at some point we have to look towards the future. Give them the ball out the pressure on them. Let them get better with experience instead of letting AG do the same thing over and over and over with no hope for making the tournament. What do we stand to gain here? If rather lose this game by 10 or 15 and let the youngster get more experience.

Reaction Score
3/11 from the field too.

At a certain point, he needs to stop dribbling through double teams.

I know physically he isn't what he used to be. But these mental errors ALL SEASON are correctable. He doesn't seem to care about fixing it though.
Best way to get him to stop trying to dribbling through people is by putting on the bench where he belongs.

Reaction Score
Oh I thought you were referring to our record the last 7 games and wins on the road the last 6 years against top25. And then I thought to myself that’s silly, we don’t play our 7th until the weekend.

Reaction Score
Said the same thing about shushing the crowd followed by turnovers in another thread. He’s lost us 3 tight games in the last 2 weeks. He needs to sit.

Start Gaffney and Whaley next game
I didn’t get to watch the game but we pretty much held Houston close with D
Gilbert is the best on ball defender .
I never saw him as a great PG but the kid is the heart of the D .
Sit Gilbert and he won’t cost us in tight games , then again Houston bests us by 20 without him.

Reaction Score
Sit Gilbert and he won’t cost us in tight games , then again Houston bests us by 20 without him.
The effort was there on defense I can say but several times especially down the stretch, dude just shot right over him easily.

Reaction Score

If you get a chance to watch the game, you’ll get to see Mills light Gilbert up.

His end of game antics and refusal to learn and improve is reason to sit him. How many games are we gonna lose late because he can’t take care of the ball or make free throws?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom