“No Shame in Finishing 2nd to UConn.” | The Boneyard

“No Shame in Finishing 2nd to UConn.”

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's nice to see somebody else get kicked in the nuts for a change. It's especially nice when it's one of our former Big East brethren.

I find this humorous as PantherNick is about the most vociferous and insulting anti-UConn poster on PantherLair.

We should have a Nick face-off.

Reaction Score
A good reminder of where they sit in the basketball world. More money on the table? Better conference? We're still a better job, and you're still in Pittsburgh.
Seeing a lot of Pittsburgh (the city) hate in these threads. I've never been but always heard Pittsburgh is a nice place.

And they have a sick baseball stadium

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Seeing a lot of Pittsburgh (the city) hate in these threads. I've never been but always heard Pittsburgh is a nice place.

I've only visited a few times, but have enjoyed it each time I've been. The Strip District in particular is tons of fun.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Jeff Goodman had it correct originally when he tweeted last week that Hurley would go to UConn and Pitt would be scrambling to find a coach.

Reaction Score

I went one time and my Uber driver was talking on the phone saying he was going to go stab people at an office and beat up any drunk college kids that slammed his door again. I also saw a police dog chase down someone outside a hospital so they could be arrested. Safe to say I don’t have the best opinion of that city.

Reaction Score

Fair enough. The rest still stands.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I went one time and my Uber driver was talking on the phone saying he was going to go stab people at an office and beat up any drunk college kids that slammed his door again. I also saw a police dog chase down someone outside a hospital so they could be arrested. Safe to say I don’t have the best opinion of that city.

Pittsburgh is overall a fine place to live. I've adjusted nicely.

Three things CT residents may find lacking here:
- pizza
- bagels
- customer service

I trust you gave your Uber guy 1 star.

Reaction Score

- pizza
- bagels
- customer service

Oh yeah got out of that car as quick as possible

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Jeff Goodman had it correct originally when he tweeted last week that Hurley would go to UConn and Pitt would be scrambling to find a coach.
50/50 shot - that's going out on the limb

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The only good thing about Pitt is that their losses in OBE Tourney to UConn in 2004 and 2011 catapulted the UConn team towards the National Championships. That's it - their fans are Duke wannabes with no brains

Reaction Score

- pizza
- bagels
- customer service

I could never live somewhere that used "yinz"

Reaction Score
It's nice to see somebody else get kicked in the nuts for a change. It's especially nice when it's one of our former Big East brethren.

We are not the only ones that lost with conference realignment. We don't have the "safety net conference" some of the other schools have but Maryland, Syracuse, BC and specifically Pitt have all had to readjust expectations. But it's nice to see somebody else take it in the plums for once.

Reaction Score

I see that crap every day!

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

Yeah?? Well we have the Dairy Bar. Suck on that.

Reaction Score

Sounds like a lot of cities....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Unlike Cleveland, Pittsburgh is def nicer than you expect when you get there.

The Jacobs Field area in Cleveland is fine but all the parts that ‘came back’ are already gone again.

Reaction Score
Pittsburgh Gazette columnist Joe Starkey to Pitt fans:

“Relax, people. There is no shame in finishing second to UConn.”

Here’s to Pitt being the first of many programs to console itself with these sweet, sweet words over the next few years.

Joe Starkey: Dan Hurley wasn’t the last available good coach in America
Hurley is swapping bus trips for charter flights. Also, swapping trying to schedule practices around other activities, for a mens only court. Not to mention he gets us. HUSKY NATION !

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Nice. Sailor>Saint>Terrapin. Delish

Indeed. Interesting show. Wharf Rat was particularly good too.

But everyone in the audience (including me) was gassed after the insanity in Merriweather. I remember thinking at the time it was a low energy show. But that ended up being us, not the band. The show holds up well on tape. And considering that the rest of the tour was outdoors in bonkers places (every stop on that tour was a mad house) I think it kinda was a weird change of pace to be inside in July after 11 shows in a row outside.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom