• McGrath

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Skerry

Votes: 7 6.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Let’s not forgot, one of his first moves was to secretly sign Ollie to a 3yr extension

His contract would have expired in ‘18... instead, we’re stuck with a massive buyout clause if he’s fired

The AD is judged by the performance, profitably, and success of his athletic teams. This guy wasn’t here during conference realignment, but can anyone say he’s done anything BUT put this athletic department in worse condition than when he started??

You are what your record says you are. And this athletic department is in shambles

UConn enjoyed the fruits of expansion, attention, and support of tax payer money while they achieved success. If this projectory continues, let’s see how they respond with no money or state support. Clean House

Reaction Score
Dumbest post ever. AD Dave may be the best AD we’ve ever had.
What’s your obsession with the AD?

That contract extension was a joke. At least Charlie Weis had NFL attention. Ollie’s NBA buzz died a while ago.

Football and Basketball attendance at lows, he hired an old football coach who left the program in a controversial way, and is stuck with Ollie...

This is your guy????

Reaction Score
Let's see how he handles KO situation first. I don't see how he can be kept on, I don't care what the buyout is. He has clearly proven he has no clue and has lost the team. He is basically McAdoo of the Giants.

Reaction Score
AD Dave is going to be a good AD for us. Hopefully the extension ends up being his only big miss. If Ollie was going to be the coach he had to give the extension for recruiting purposes alone. I just wish they did better on the buyout.

Reaction Score
Are you kidding? Sure, fire Ollie now. Forget that he has a huge buyout. Forget that the state just slashed the UConn budget. Forget that you will probably lose some of the recruits who look pretty good for next year. Is the product on the court awful- yes.Is it AT LEAST half Ollie’s fault, you bet. But there is no way he is getting fired now. And I’ll take action who say he is getting fired at the end of this year. You don’t bring Chillious is for a one year band aid. This is absolutely brutal but get ready, he will be here through at least next year.

Reaction Score
Are you kidding? Sure, fire Ollie now. Forget that he has a huge buyout. Forget that the state just slashed the UConn budget. Forget that you will probably lose some of the recruits who look pretty good for next year. Is the product on the court awful- yes.Is it AT LEAST half Ollie’s fault, you bet. But there is no way he is getting fired now. And I’ll take action who say he is getting fired at the end of this year. You don’t bring Chillious is for a one year band aid. This is absolutely brutal but get ready, he will be here through at least next year.
I don't think he should be fired mid-season but depending on how bad it gets, he should probably be gone after this year. Coming up with the money is an entirely different problem. Good luck getting money from program alum to fire one of their own. One of the many problems that comes with hiring former players as the coach

Reaction Score
Let’s not forgot, one of his first moves was to secretly sign Ollie to a 3yr extension

His contract would have expired in ‘18... instead, we’re stuck with a massive buyout clause if he’s fired

The AD is judged by the performance, profitably, and success of his athletic teams. This guy wasn’t here during conference realignment, but can anyone say he’s done anything BUT put this athletic department in worse condition than when he started??

You are what your record says you are. And this athletic department is in shambles

UConn enjoyed the fruits of expansion, attention, and support of tax payer money while they achieved success. If this projectory continues, let’s see how they respond with no money or state support. Clean House
Man, you don't have a clue. Dave Benedict might be the best AD UConn has ever had, and the guy is a gentleman too. He knows that KO is a UConn legacy and was handpicked by JC, and KO has a NC on his watch. Worst of all for Dave Benedict is he knows the men's basketball program is in deep trouble considering how far it has fallen, way worse than the football program.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He’s got a LONG way to go before he even sniffs the same zip code as John Toner who hired Geno and JC in back to Back years. Toner just dropped the mic after that

Different eras. Toner did an excellent job. Dave is doing an excellent job. He clearly gets it. Understands fan expectations. In the current Ollie situation his hands may be tied. It’s a significant budget event, so I don’t think it’s his decision alone.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Re. OP: I'm sure UConn will be able to attract great AD candidates once it becomes known that a Benedict-level performance is a fireable offense.

Also, where is the money for all of these buyouts and new contracts coming from?

Do any of you think before you post?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom