“I don’t believe college sports have ever been ... | The Boneyard

“I don’t believe college sports have ever been ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“I don’t believe college sports have ever been more valuable than they are now" FOCUS on that Mike Aresco quote & then maybe some of the whalerfans amongst us can calm down.

We MAY not have gotten our ETicket to the ACC. And, the hand-wringing certainly has made us all look into the abyss. But, WE (UConn & our Conference of Misfit Toys) are gonna make a windfall. Whatever the observers of the world think ... and the little gnome like guys on their WVU websites (as the Mountain State gets wireless rollout this year) ... the Timing is just unbelievable to be negotiating this contract. With several Networks (other than the self-proclaimed "Mothership World-Leader") needing content of Live Sports.

Memphis. Temple. SMU. etc etc ... all these schools would have to be a Major F---Up to not realize that they need to step up & perform well. This is a unique opportunity.

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
Assuming all of the Big East Schools get the same $$ (football schools, that is) - What is the motivation for the lesser successful programs to step up? - They are still going to get paid.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Assuming all of the Big East Schools get the same $$ (football schools, that is) - What is the motivation for the lesser successful programs to step up? - They are still going to get paid.

You mean they might go all Miami and BCU on us? Well I suppose that could happen. There is precident for it on the east coast. Just not in this conference.

Reaction Score
You mean they might go all Miami and BCU on us? Well I suppose that could happen. There is precident for it on the east coast. Just not in this conference.
You mean like Rutgers 100 years of continued Glory... Hint: Saying you're a waking giant doesn't translate unless you actually wake up for more than a year before slumbering off for another 5-10 years....
Temple, Memphis, Seton Hall, Providence, and DePaul all come to mind as being in the same boat... The programs have traditionally been net takers. I sincerely hope that Temple and Memphis have seen the light as we need them. memphis has great upside if they every decided to really invest in their football program (ie hire Petrino while he's available and a at a depleted stock price)...

Reaction Score
“I don’t believe college sports have ever been more valuable than they are now" FOCUS on that Mike Aresco quote

Stop and consider the source, Aresco is trying to put enough lipstick on the pig he has to sell to try to get top dollar for it. Aresco saying the NBE is super valuable is like Romney's campaign manger saying Romney is going to win the election in a landslide. I would find someone without skin in the game to be more credible.

Reaction Score
Boy observer, you are one really smart guy. You in business for yourself or did you come up with this all on your own? Wow............

fi

Reaction Score
“I don’t believe college sports have ever been more valuable than they are now" FOCUS on that Mike Aresco quote & then maybe some of the whalerfans amongst us can calm down.

We MAY not have gotten our ETicket to the ACC. And, the hand-wringing certainly has made us all look into the abyss. But, WE (UConn & our Conference of Misfit Toys) are gonna make a windfall. Whatever the observers of the world think ... and the little gnome like guys on their WVU websites (as the Mountain State gets wireless rollout this year) ... the Timing is just unbelievable to be negotiating this contract. With several Networks (other than the self-proclaimed "Mothership World-Leader") needing content of Live Sports.

Memphis. Temple. SMU. etc etc ... all these schools would have to be a Major F---Up to not realize that they need to step up & perform well. This is a unique opportunity.
At least the BE has someone in charge that is saying all the right things. There has no been a commissioner since Gavitt that knew how to say the right things in public.

And for every school that steps up and performs, there will be schools that fall within the conference. The conference can't all be above .500.

I will believe the windfall and timing when it happens. When Comcast is cutting every conceivable expense at NBC, with NBC committed to the Olympics for another 10 years and losing money at it, I will believe their pile of available money for content when I see it. I think Fox is more likely to be the alternate/co-buyer for the BE at the end of the day.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You mean like Rutgers 100 years of continued Glory... Hint: Saying you're a waking giant doesn't translate unless you actually wake up for more than a year before slumbering off for another 5-10 years......
Nah, the difference is Rutgers is actually trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom