“I’m sticking with UConn – there’s not gonna be any change,” | The Boneyard

“I’m sticking with UConn – there’s not gonna be any change,”

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
For whatever reason, I was never worried about Omar changing his decision.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

What i don't get is why anyone was ever worried. After he signed his letter of intent his only option would have been to sit out a year if he didn't come to Uconn. That was never going to happen.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
What i don't get is why anyone was ever worried. After he signed his letter of intent his only option would have been to sit out a year if he didn't come to Uconn. That was never going to happen.

Not true I think. Usually what you said in 100% right but in Omar's case its different. When he signed his LOI there was no official rulling from the NCAA on UConn playing or not playing in the NCAAT next year. They had said no but we sent in a appeal. So at that point it was up in the air. Now the NCAA has said no. He can back out of his LOI without punishment getting a wavier from the NCAA to go elsewhere. Thats why I think everyone is still on edge about him. Its mostly SJU ppl using the media to try to stir up stuff becuase there mad they can't keep every great city kid home. Omar is a solid commit/signed who is backing out, I love it!!!!

In other thoughts-today is signing day and JC said we would have another one joining us soon. Rumor is Devon Walker possibly right? Any chance that some good news will be coming to us 2day/2night? Would make a bit of sense...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Not correct.

If he had wanted to decommit, UConn would have released him from his letter and not opposed his appeal of the year penalty - it is virtually a dead-cinch that Omar Calhoun could have played elsewhere next season.

This is more of a hunch than fact, but I think that family may be more invested in UConn than just with Omar - I will be interested to see if his sister doesn't end up here as well.

Sierra Calhoun - currently, #1 wing player in the class of 2014..
http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/125556/sierra-calhoun

Reaction Score
In other thoughts-today is signing day and JC said we would have another one joining us soon. Rumor is Devon Walker possibly right? Any chance that some good news will be coming to us 2day/2night? Would make a bit of sense...

Not sure what the DeVon Walker rumor is. Haven't seen anything on him. My bet would be RJ Evans.

Reaction Score
That Obepka kid is looking at a ton of playing time at UConn, and his is a position of need. With Omar, Daniels, Giffey and the current guards, UConn is not in bad shape.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
In other thoughts-today is signing day and JC said we would have another one joining us soon.

I think you can stop speculating there.

Having listened to Calhoun-speak for over two decades, 'we're close to signing another player' is about as meaningful as 'Khalid has lost 20 pounds', 'Ajou has put on 25 pounds of muscle' and 'Cyrulik is my starting center' and any quote from Jim Calhoun involving statistics.

It's just JC rolling off the top of his head - it's not worth worrying about. We may get another player, we may not - whoever it is, it will likely be underwhelming this year.

Reaction Score
Nothing against Evans. Seen him play in High school a ton and he is a good kid , gives you all he has game in and game out but no way. Too be fair I don't know if he has one year left or more. If it is only one year and we need a player and no tournament well then maybe but he is not up to Uconn and Big East caliber. We need all our ships so when the timing is right we can strike and bring in a monster class and quickly get back too where we were and where we belong. The following year we should have a good amount of ships to give out don't know how many till everything clears up . It would take only one really good class to be right back.

Reaction Score
I like this kid.

I agree.....this says a lot about a kid.....easily could have said I need to look at all muy options but instead cited a strong relationship wth the staff and the fact he is a loyal kid.......can't help but root for this kid......going to get a chance to be good right away! Nice job Omar welcome aboard and I think we're the lucky ones!

Reaction Score
Nothing against Evans. Seen him play in High school a ton and he is a good kid , gives you all he has game in and game out but no way. Too be fair I don't know if he has one year left or more. If it is only one year and we need a player and no tournament well then maybe but he is not up to Uconn and Big East caliber. We need all our ships so when the timing is right we can strike and bring in a monster class and quickly get back too where we were and where we belong. The following year we should have a good amount of ships to give out don't know how many till everything clears up . It would take only one really good class to be right back.

It would be for one year. The kid scored over 1,000 points in college at the D1 level. He wouldn't be Jeremy Lamb, but he would help us.

Reaction Score
I think you can stop speculating there.

Having listened to Calhoun-speak for over two decades, 'we're close to signing another player' is about as meaningful as 'Khalid has lost 20 pounds', 'Ajou has put on 25 pounds of muscle' and 'Cyrulik is my starting center' and any quote from Jim Calhoun involving statistics.

It's just JC rolling off the top of his head - it's not worth worrying about. We may get another player, we may not - whoever it is, it will likely be underwhelming this year.
Can we trust that Justin Brown made the biggest improvement this offseason? I have high hopes for that Aussie.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Can we trust that Justin Brown made the biggest improvement this offseason? I have high hopes for that Aussie.
Am I making this up or did Calhoun once idly speculate that we might not get four years out of Justin Brown because he could declare early for the NBA?

Reaction Score
I did enough worrying for both of us. There is something really solid about Omar.

Reaction Score
Man I've always been a fan of Omar. I honestly believe that if he never got hurt that he would have been an elite scorer for us and would have been drafted. He averaged 11 PPG as a FRESHMAN. The ceiling would have been through the roof if he never got hurt. Great kid. Hope he has a good year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom