‘Sometimes, it’s just mind-blowing;’ UConn freshman quarterback Zion Turner returning home to Miami with star on the rise (Amore @ Courant) | The Boneyard

‘Sometimes, it’s just mind-blowing;’ UConn freshman quarterback Zion Turner returning home to Miami with star on the rise (Amore @ Courant)

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here <<

-> After taking over at UConn, Mora gravitated to Aquinas, knowing they always had an overflow crowd of prospects. Turner had gotten some high major offers before the pandemic, but with rosters full, the trail had turned lukewarm, and the chip on his shoulder was growing. “I watched him on film and learned about him through research and I knew about that program,” Mora said. “And I learned as a young player there, he beat out some older guys to get that job. That’s the first thing that catches your eye. <-

->“The smartest thing UConn did,” Tyrone Turner said, “was they jumped ahead of Temple and requested us to visit. The following week, we were going to Temple, we had Indiana and Auburn coming up, in that order. We talked to Coach Mora, we talked to [offensive coordinator Nick] Charlton, and I looked at Zion, he looked at me and he said, ‘Dad, I want to commit,’ and we prayed on it.” His mother, and his high school coach gave their blessing and Turner signed with UConn in February. It raised eyebrows in Florida because, well ... UConn?

“Many people, I’d say, they questioned it,” Turner said. “What’s a quarterback like me doing going to UConn, with what UConn had in the past. But I didn’t look at it like that, I took a visit here and met with all the coaches and knew what we were planning to do. I don’t pay attention to all the outside noise.” <-

^^More info in the link above^^

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Maybe Joly and Rosa too
They don't fit my pun of "Mora" Zion but I agree.

Italian Pizza GIF by Mind Pump Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom