‘Didn’t blink’: Behind CT native Cam Edwards shift from defense to offense for UConn football team (Adamec) | The Boneyard

‘Didn’t blink’: Behind CT native Cam Edwards shift from defense to offense for UConn football team (Adamec)

Reaction Score

Hand-off

-> "We've talked about Cam since training camp. He's a resilient young man. He played both sides of the ball in high school. We put him on defense. He was working hard, but it didn’t seem to fit his skill set. We moved him to offense, and he didn’t blink. He just kept grinding. He's a guy seizing his opportunity. Hats off to him for doing that. We're going to count on him more and more."

And that sounds great to Edwards.

"I'm just going to come into work and do my job," Edwards said. "I'm working very hard and all that stuff is going to pay off soon." <-

Last edited:

GG

Reaction Score
I don’t know Rosa’s or Edwards 40 yard time… i do know Rosa ran track in high school and was one of the fastest runners in the state
Rosa ran the 100m in 11.07, putting him in the top 25 in the state. Impressive.

Reaction Score
Cam hits the hole quick and runs hard north and south. I'd love to see them connect with Victor in space some more, Roberson missed him a couple of times for what most likely would have been long gainers, that at a minimum would have gotten us key first downs.

Reaction Score
Looked like Rosa was looking upfield prepping to run and took eyes off the ball. Oh well, next time.

Reaction Score
Rep the hometown NORWALK CT proudly Cam! I can't remember the last guy from our hometown that excelled at the D1 level... Actually one comes to mind: Silas Redd when he was at Penn State... As far as UCONN only guys, gotta go back to fellow Brien McMahon HS alumn Dak Newton when we were D1 AA...

Reaction Score
Rep the hometown NORWALK CT proudly Cam! I can't remember the last guy from our hometown that excelled at the D1 level... Actually one comes to mind: Silas Redd when he was at Penn State... As far as UCONN only guys, gotta go back to fellow Brien McMahon HS alumn Dak Newton when we were D1 AA...
Didn’t Idris Price play at McMahon?

Reaction Score
Didn’t Idris Price play at McMahon?
OHHHHH MAN! How can I forget my homie Idris... He was a coach at St Lukes when my kid was there (she was manager that one year before college)... Dude is one of the coolest (my bad Idris!!!)....He's cool my family... Genuine all around great guy....

Reaction Score
Don't forget about Noel Thomas a few years ago. Did very well while the team struggled under Pasqualoni, double covered as a WR quite a bit his senior year. Started out at Norwalk High and finished up at St. Lukes. Got a few looks in the NFL on practice squads and played a couple years in CFL.

Other Norwalk but not UConn: Kevin Pierre-Louis and Silas Redd.

Reaction Score
Can't forge about Noel Thomas Jr indeed.. nor Kevin Pierre Louis.. He and Silas prepped at King Low IIRC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom