‘Cuts on me:’ NBA star Andre Drummond | The Boneyard

‘Cuts on me:’ NBA star Andre Drummond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"He’s back taking classes at UConn in the off-season, majoring in computer engineering and drama, with plans to be a head coach some day. Fans will be pleased to know he’s planning a return back to town in May."

Back on campus taking classes? Way to go Andre. A good guy. Hopefully he'll be around the team and some recruits come visit with Andre there.

Reaction Score
"He’s back taking classes at UConn in the off-season, majoring in computer engineering and drama, with plans to be a head coach some day. Fans will be pleased to know he’s planning a return back to town in May."

Back on campus taking classes? Way to go Andre. A good guy. Hopefully he'll be around the team and some recruits come visit with Andre there.
Now this would be a way for AB and PN to toughen up inside. If they can rebound with AD we're all set.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You know, I really like AD. I think he got a bad rap at UConn with insane expectations and some out of thin air laziness reputation that was underserved.

Our best line up that year included him at Center and I think if you look up his Big East stats he averaged close to a double double.

A short lived husky playing career but a great pro and a great ambassador for UConn.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Computer Engineering and DRAMA? I'd love to see AD in a drama class. Good for him! Clearly he values his education and it says a lot that a rising star in the NBA takes time to go back to school in the off-season and get a degree.

Reaction Score
For all the APR and negative connotations the university has gotten, the fact this kid has come back and taken classes speaks volumes to me about him and this new regime.

Seeing the old (Ray, Rip, Khalid, Boo) and the new (Kemba, Drummond, Napier) and that seamless bridge to Ollie? I am so invigorated for the program right now. Insane how this has played out.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
For all the APR and negative connotations the university has gotten, the fact this kid has come back and taken classes speaks volumes to me about him and this new regime.

Seeing the old (Ray, Rip, Khalid, Boo) and the new (Kemba, Drummond, Napier) and that seamless bridge to Ollie? I am so invigorated for the program right now. Insane how this has played out.

Plenty of kids have come back over the last few years to graduate too. Taliek Brown, Tony Robertson, Gavin Edwards etc...

Sorry for WINNING.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Was just reading last years story about Taliek coming back to school again (oddly by Mike Dimauro). Here's a nice quote:

"We keep in constant contact with the kids. Jim, especially, doesn't give up on them," Blaney said. "We ask them about their lives and how we can help. It's about getting them to do the right thing for themselves. Different guys get it at different times."

http://www.theday.com/article/20130606/SPORT01/306069581/-1/today

Great article about Tony Robertson too:

http://www.providencejournal.com/sp...-new-college-grad-embraces-his-second-act.ece

Looked up Murray, and there's a nice piece on UHL.

http://www.uconnhooplegends.com/menslegends/WilliamsMurray.html

These are the stories that should be talked about more. There's a lot of good that came out of UCONN basketball academics and it gets completely ignored.

Reaction Score
This might sound ridiculous now, but I am convinced Drummond would have come back for his sophomore season if not for the APR ban. He really loved UConn and being a student. At the very least, the ban made his decision much easier.

Reaction Score
This might sound ridiculous now, but I am convinced Drummond would have come back for his sophomore season if not for the APR ban. He really loved UConn and being a student. At the very least, the ban made his decision much easier.

One of my high school buddies is close friends with big dre, everything I've ever heard is how much he loves CT, UConn, Middletown, etc.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Andre puts up 10 and 8 as a freshman and he gets called lazy. Joel Embiid puts up 11 and 8 and he's a top 3 pick in a stacked draft class. I just don't get NBA scouts sometimes.
This is a great point

Reaction Score
Andre puts up 10 and 8 as a freshman and he gets called lazy. Joel Embiid puts up 11 and 8 and he's a top 3 pick in a stacked draft class. I just don't get NBA scouts sometimes.
They all finished their crow about 2 months into last season. He is the best young big man in the game... and only 20 years old.

pj

Reaction Score
If that team could have sat Oriakhi and kept Drummond at center and Roscoe at PF, they'd have been much better.

Reaction Score
If that team could have sat Oriakhi and kept Drummond at center and Roscoe at PF, they'd have been much better.
More like if Oriakhi embraced the challenge of playing with a team and competing for his spot at the 4/5 with Dre at the pure 5, instead of expecting it to be handed to him (despite his excellent performance in the '11 title run), we could've had a dominant down low presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom