Zoom availability tomorrow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Zoom availability tomorrow

Reaction Score

15 minutes isn't much but Geno will need to carefully schedule rotations so that Nika can give about 5 minutes rest to each of our guards, Evina, Christyn. and Caroline. Considering our recent 4th quarters those 15 minutes are badly needed.

Reaction Score
15 minutes isn't much but Geno will need to carefully schedule rotations so that Nika can give about 5 minutes rest to each of our guards, Evina, Christyn. and Caroline. Considering our recent 4th quarters those 15 minutes are badly needed.
And we recall KLS was on a minutes restriction when she returned from a foot injury to play vs ND... I believe it was 20min??? She played a whole lot more than that... :D ;) ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, here is the latest quantitative info

Auriemma said that freshman Amari DeBerry was among the four players who had COVID-19. While she will dress this weekend, Auriemma said she is not ready to go and “it might take her a little bit of time” to make her return. She said she was dealing with some “other issues” prior to getting COVID-19, and she is still making her way back.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Pre game Pressers

Caroline and Evina

Evina so mature and Caroline adorable trying to fly under the questions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have never used Zoom before. Just registered but what is UConn Women Basketball's ID?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Pre game Pressers

Caroline and Evina

Evina so mature and Caroline adorable trying to fly under the questions.

Actually, I was very impressed how enthusiastic Evina was about the Posts in the practice period. There shooting, passing without hesitation. This was unsolicited so pretty excited to see if they turned a corner being more fluid and diverse on offense.

And I thought Evina's comment about "thank god" Nika is coming since she is an other ball handler. Caroline's reaction is DeCharming ;)

Reaction Score

The "6 1/2" would be:
AE
Nika (1/2)
CW
Dorka
ONO
Evina
Caroline

Still on the mend (5): Amari, Azzi, Paige, Piath, and Aubrey. That accounts for the twelve women on tha active roster. Hopefully, Amari will be back next week, and Azzi by the end of January.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I hope they worked on free throws and layups during those two weeks they couldn't do full practices. ;)
I'd be happy if they worked on movement, passing, cutting, and setting effective screens.

Reaction Score
Geno from his press conference, in answer to a question about parity."
“…I also think a lot of the highly rated recruits around the country, ones a lot of people say are sure-fire, can’t miss, great players coming out of high school, and all the recruiting services tout how great these kids are, are quite frankly not that good, relative to a few years ago. They’re not that good. So what ends up happening is those next level kids, now they’re better than they’ve ever been, and they’re going to different schools and they’re knocking off these teams that have these big time recruits. You’re starting to see more of that and you’re gonna keep seeing more of that….On the women’s side, what would be our version of one and dones, they’re not as good as they used to be. So it’s given that next level team that was always on the periphery of top twenty, maybe twenty-five, thirty, (or) fifteen, could never crack the top ten, they’re not necessarily getting those big time recruits but they’re getting really, really good players who come, show up every night, bust their butt and beat these other guys. I think that’s gonna happen more and more and more.”

Really good stuff. Stuff that should be remembered in order to have a proper perspective.

Reaction Score
“…I also think a lot of the highly rated recruits around the country, ones a lot of people say are sure-fire, can’t miss, great players coming out of high school, and all the recruiting services tout how great these kids are, are quite frankly not that good, relative to a few years ago. They’re not that good. So what ends up happening is those next level kids, now they’re better than they’ve ever been, and they’re going to different schools and they’re knocking off these teams that have these big time recruits. You’re starting to see more of that and you’re gonna keep seeing more of that….On the women’s side, what would be our version of one and dones, they’re not as good as they used to be. So it’s given that next level team that was always on the periphery of top twenty, maybe twenty-five, thirty, (or) fifteen, could never crack the top ten, they’re not necessarily getting those big time recruits but they’re getting really, really good players who come, show up every night, bust their butt and beat these other guys. I think that’s gonna happen more and more and more.”

Really good stuff. Stuff that should be remembered in order to have a proper perspective.
Wasn't Sue Bird ranked something like 28th in HS? Geno once said he wanted to know who were all those ranked ahead of Sue, and where are they now?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

I find it a strange assessment since we are no stranger to going after and getting our share of #1 recruits. Maybe he is projecting his own experiences with our recent #1's (after Stewie but before Paige and hopefully Azzi) and some positive results so far with below the radar Caroline.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom