Zone Tomorrow? | The Boneyard

Zone Tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would love to throw that 2-3 amoeba for a couple possessions tomorrow. I wonder if Ollie will try to entice Kentucky to shoot 3's (like Florida). I do think switching up defenses against a young team like Kentucky will be beneficial and can potentially lead to frustration, turnovers, and help stall the the dribble drive. We have to keep them out of the lane, or we are DOOOOOMMMMMEEEEDDDDD.

Reaction Score
Only if it's extended. Really can't allow the Harrisons or Young to get running. It's what Wisconsin did--daring them to shoot by playing off of them--and Kentucky blew past them anyway, or got fouls called on Wisconsin's players.

We need to play the same way we played against Michigan State: swarm Randle, hound the ball handler, force them into a jump-shooting team.

Also, recognize and accept that they are DOOOOOOOOOMED because UK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MSU!

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
It's a risk, since it's tough to rebound out of a zone and the offensive boards are where Kentucky lives.

I'd be shocked if we played it more than a psosession or two.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
It's a risk, since it's tough to rebound out of a zone and the offensive boards are where Kentucky lives.

I'd be shocked if we played it more than a psosession or two.
Very true...our troops will need to box out like they have never boxed out before...all hands on deck and ten toes in!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
. Man to man. Our guards Will be so far up in their guards jocks they'll be carrying the weight of 2 guys. Oh I'm sorry, was that not proper diction? Onions.

Reaction Score
This makes a lot of sense. We have the best proven defense in the country so lets change it in the National Championship game!!

We played some zone in the national semi final and won by 10....... I didnt say the whole game, but if our bigs get in foul trouble, going zone might help spell our height for a couple possessions.

Reaction Score
This makes a lot of sense. We have the best proven defense in the country so lets change it in the National Championship game!!
We may have to because they got two 6-6 guards. If cal decides to use them to post up against Shabazz and Boat, we got no choice but go to zone. I am confident on the perimeter we stop the twins but I am worried if he uses them to post up.

Reaction Score
We may have to because they got two 6-6 guards. If cal decides to use them to post up against Shabazz and Boat, we got no choice but go to zone. I am confident on the perimeter we stop the twins but I am worried if he uses them to post up.
That's not really been their game all year (from what I've seen), so if they are going to shift their whole game to adjust to us, so be it.

GetRatchet

Shabazz Knapsack
Reaction Score
Uconn isn't Syracuse. No zone. Zones are wicked gay.

Reaction Score
Nah. Even though a zone is the traditional antidote to a team that thrives off of dribble penetration and struggles with their outside shot, our on-ball, man-to-man defense has been so disruptive, especially to bigger guards with a lengthy dribble, that it would be detrimental to get away from that.

Also, going to zone would probably take away a lot of steal and runout opportunities that we've generated from our man-to-man defense.

Reaction Score
they're not posting up, all they do is penetrate or shoot jumpers

Reaction Score
We will have enough of a challenge rebounding without going zone. America's great college zone team is home watching and have been for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom