Zone ? Really ? | The Boneyard

Zone ? Really ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From the "lets put out that fire by dousing it with gasoline" playbook.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
And Seton Hall just hitting whatever they want

Reaction Score
Does he recruit? If not, why is he still there?
I'll let JC be the judge of why he is here. One bad game coaching--coupled with Seton Hall shooting out of their mind--doesn't mean he should be fired.

The team is playing like . They do that periodically. I remember the 95 UConn team getting embarrassed twice by Kerry Kittles and Villanova, and that team still was probably the second best team in the country (damn UCLA in Cali!)

Reaction Score
Besides Lamb and Olander, it seems for the most part everyone gave up in this game and god damn it's frustrating to watch

Reaction Score
They don't play a good zone. Why switch when Seton Hall is nailing threes? All you are doing is giving them even easier looks from three. When you are down stick to what you normally do. It looks desperate when you do something out of character. It is like when Butler switched to zone in the NC game last year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The zone idea was...not a good one.

He's not a good game coach.

They needed to get their asses kicked. This will do.

Reaction Score
The zone idea was...not a good one.

He's not a good game coach.

They needed to get their asses kicked. This will do.
I'm surprisingly serene about this upcoming loss. It gives Calhoun something to kill them about in practice.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You can usually see some losses coming - this one was easy to see.

Reaction Score
Fishy, do you mean it was easy to see before the game or once the game started? I had a bad feeling about the game coming in, mainly because of Pope and a lack of real tough competition up to this point though, and I thought it would be a struggle to win, but I did not expect to get completely blown out.

caw

Reaction Score
I'll let JC be the judge of why he is here. One bad game coaching--coupled with Seton Hall shooting out of their mind--doesn't mean he should be fired.

The team is playing like ****. They do that periodically. I remember the 95 UConn team getting embarrassed twice by Kerry Kittles and Villanova, and that team still was probably the second best team in the country (damn UCLA in Cali!)

Blaney has a soon to be 11-10 record as the coach in Calhoun's absence for a reason, he just isn't that good in game.

I would have preferred to see a press than a zone when your down 11. Speed the game up, don't slow it down. Not to mention his substitutions and control over the players has been lacking. Both Boatright and Napier are too shot happy and it obviously isn't being stressed enough to get the ball to Lamb or Drummond or anyone else. Not a fan of his in game coaching at all in this one.

For that matter why the hell is Lamb/Boatright/Drummond in right now. That's just lousy coaching.

Reaction Score
Does he recruit? If not, why is he still there?

Woooow calm down asweet... Blaney serves his purpose... Which is usually being the guy that keeps Calhoun from flying off the handle... This is not his job.... I sort of expected uconn to drop one of these three games...

Reaction Score
Besides Lamb and Olander, it seems for the most part everyone gave up in this game and god damn it's frustrating to watch

Giffey had a pretty nice game for him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom