Zone defense | The Boneyard

Zone defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel like we should really start playing a zone defense. Here's why.

1. We can hide Vance and Vital on the defensive end
2. Jalen and Purvis won't be as tired during the end of games. Jalen already seems winded by the end of games.
3. We are already horrible at guarding the perimeter and rebounding so we won't see much of a decline in that area.
4. American Conference is full of poor outside shooters. Force them to shot the 3s.
5. Most guards in the American conference have low basketball IQ and can't penetrate and pass well.
6. By playing the zone, maybe our players will learn to beat it themselves when they face a zone
7. Bottomline we can hide and utilize our less athletic, higher BBall IQ players (durham, vance, vital) more by playing a zone

Reaction Score
I would like to see a 1-3-1 of Cash, Purvis, Vital/Jackson, Durham and Brimah.

Reaction Score
As much as I hate teams that rely on zone, it's probably a good strategy for this team. Not for the entire game like a certain team of chokers up north, but for longer stretches than we're used to seeing at UConn.

If nothing else, it will allow them to 1) hide the frosh on D, as someone suggested above, and 2) protect some of the foul-prone players on this team.

Reaction Score
I feel like we should really start playing a zone defense. Here's why.

1. We can hide Vance and Vital on the defensive end
2. Jalen and Purvis won't be as tired during the end of games. Jalen already seems winded by the end of games.
3. We are already horrible at guarding the perimeter and rebounding so we won't see much of a decline in that area.
4. American Conference is full of poor outside shooters. Force them to shot the 3s.
5. Most guards in the American conference have low basketball IQ and can't penetrate and pass well.
6. By playing the zone, maybe our players will learn to beat it themselves when they face a zone
7. Bottomline we can hide and utilize our less athletic, higher BBall IQ players (durham, vance, vital) more by playing a zone
Durham is an athlete and vital is a solid defender .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom