Zags Shockers game is crazy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Zags Shockers game is crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This American 12 league thing could work wonders for us. Go 30 - 2 and enter the tournament a 1 seed like Gonzaga every year.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Gonzaga chokes in big games in the tournament. It's just what they do. The whole team tightens up in the last 2 minutes, and that is the coaches fault. There are probably only about 10 coaches in the country that wouldn't trade rosters with Few if they could. This team is talented.

Reaction Score
Weakest #1 seed by far

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
The are a 10-12 loss team with 2-3 future NBA players. Got it.
I think saying they would be a 10 loss team is accurate, who are these 2-3 NBA players they have? Olenyk is the only one I see.

Reaction Score
I think saying they would be a 10 loss team is accurate, who are these 2-3 NBA players they have? Olenyk is the only one I see.

That guy just bet on Gonzaga or something. He is clearly out of touch with reality. I doubt anyone but Olenyk is ever on an NBA roster.

Reaction Score
The West bracket just broke wide open. OSU's to lose now.
Imo Zona has the most talent in the region by far. Nobody really expected much out of them heading in but I would take them over OSU(I actually have ISU over OSU in my bracket).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think Harris will get drafted just on his athleticism. Pangos has a shot at the NBA if he steps up as a scorer next year.

Reaction Score
Imo Zona has the most talent in the region by far. Nobody really expected much out of them heading in but I would take them over OSU(I actually have ISU over OSU in my bracket).

Wouldn't be surprised by that either. Plus they'll have the home crowd in LA like they did against us 2 yrs ago.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

You seen UCLA? Although Muhammed missing the season ending layup was pretty funny.

Arizona won in part because Alford choked again in March.

People have a tendency to draw sweeping conclusions from a single game in the NCAA Tournament. Calhoun always said he didn't become a better coach just because he won a National Championship.

Reaction Score
I don't agree at all that Gonzaga is such a talented team. Elias Harris looked like a pretty decent NBA prospect to me his first year but I don't see anything special with him anymore, he seems to have lost athleticism and hasn't improved. Pangos has no chance at the NBA, the NBA isn't enamored with 6-1 skinny white shooting guards.

Reaction Score
You seen UCLA? Although Muhammed missing the season ending layup was pretty funny.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It was the only fitting way to end the game. They couldn't make ANYTHING last night.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
As for the West region, I would go ahead and buy non-refundable plane tickets and book the room at the Final Four if I was an Ohio State fan. They are all but a lock.

Which sucks, because I think Matta is one of the 10 dirtiest coaches in the country.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
keep trying

I get that you think mid-majors all suck and big conference teams get all the talent. Given that UConn is a mid-major now, I assume you will be following some other program going forward.

Reaction Score
I get that you think mid-majors all suck and big conference teams get all the talent. Given that UConn is a mid-major now, I assume you will be following some other program going forward.
Yup UConn is a mid-major, what a dumb*ass thing to say.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yup UConn is a mid-major, what a dumb*ass thing to say.

Are we in a major conference? Of course not. There are 6 major conferences, and the A12 is not one of them. It is probably the 8th or 9th best league going forward. What else would you like to call it? If you have a new word for this, I am all ears.

Reaction Score
We are one of the elite programs in the country, I'm aware of our current situation but these things are fluid, we don't know how long we will be here, if we are here the next four years we will still be viewed as a major program, that sort of comes with the territory when you've won 3 national championships. One thing I do know is that we aren't a mid-major program. So Rutgers and Northwestern are major programs because they are in the Big 10 and we are a mid-major program because of our current situation. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

Reaction Score
We're an elite program and a power conference level school, conspired against and blackballed into a makeshift mid-major-sized purgatory of a conference.

That's my stance and I'm sticking to it.

Reaction Score

Arizona won in part because Alford choked again in March.

People have a tendency to draw sweeping conclusions from a single game in the NCAA Tournament. Calhoun always said he didn't become a better coach just because he won a National Championship.
I'm not sure what point you were trying to make with the UCLA inclusion but my comment about Zona's talent has nothing to do with how they have played so far as the competition wasn't really great to judge, they have been one of the more talented teams in the country since day 1, they just haven't had a PG to direct their offense. I'm not really sure if they need one to get out of that bracket.

Reaction Score
I am not a Gonzaga apologist but it should probably be pointed out that Gary Bell, one of their top four players rolled an ankle and didn't play most of the 2nd half. Furthermore, he is their most atletic player which probably would have helped against the type of team Witchita St. is on both ends of the floor. I'm not saying the Zags were worthy of a #1 seed or don't gag a bit annually, but most of the top seeds may have been on the ropes with the way Witchita St. shot the ball tonight. Everything they threw up was wet. Perhaps some tighter defense would have helped which Gonzaga is not known for, but does anyone honestly think Kansas would have beat Witchita St. the way they played tonight? The way they played tonight brings up bad memories from that Mississippi St game in the mid 90's. I drank heavily that night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom